Since I have an offseason with no recruiting ... Topic

... to think about it ...

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14725

What might you think the best starting five out of this group would be?

I've been going with pg: DeVaughn or Langford, sg: DeVaughn, Langford or Humphrey depending on matchups, sf: Newton or Bishop depending on matchups, PF: Miller and C: Addison.

9/2/2014 1:53 PM
by no means do I know anything more as I am still new, but I thought I could give another view point on the line-up, so here it goes.

PG: Langford because he has higher bh/pas/def he has a bigger difference in spd though

SG: Bishop because of his high defensive rating, and it looks as if his spd/per are increasing to help on offense as well.

SF:  Newton high defense/ath, if Freeney increases his defense, he could start some games and give you a very rebound-dominant team

PF: Case, miller has very low defense, Lambrecht has good def,ath, but low bh/pas which i don't think would be great offensively for motion

C: Addison

again you have more experience, but I am just trying to give you another view to help look at things :)
9/2/2014 2:50 PM
This is definitely how I would play it.

PG: Langford

SG: Devaughn

SF: Newton

PF: Lambrecht

Against better scoring 2s, I'd bump Devaughn over to the 1 and start Humphrey at the 2.
9/2/2014 6:30 PM (edited)
1. devaughan

2. langford

3. newton

4. miller

5. addison
9/4/2014 9:22 PM
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 9/2/2014 6:30:00 PM (view original):
This is definitely how I would play it.

PG: Langford

SG: Devaughn

SF: Newton

PF: Lambrecht

Against better scoring 2s, I'd bump Devaughn over to the 1 and start Humphrey at the 2.
+1
9/5/2014 3:38 AM
If, when talking long term, I were to say that miller has average potential in everything but passing and stamina and high potential in per, lp and bh, would that make some of your thoughts change?

I had been tempted to view DeVaughn as my primary first string backcourt scorer and Langford as my primary second string backcourt scorer.
Use Humphrey to provide defense for the backcourt. At small forward Newton if I need defense and Bishop if I need scoring or if the opposing small forward is exploitable on defense.

In the frontcourt Addison at center for his rebounding ability. At power forward, I default to miller because of his potential and I want that WE to go up so he can realize it - but when there is an exploitable defensive player on the other side, Lambrecht would sub in.
9/5/2014 11:36 AM
Since I have an offseason with no recruiting ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.