User Interview - acn24 Topic

A new User Interview is now available, featuring Hoops Dynasty player acn24:

http://whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=interview_20140910

We thank acn24 for participating and sharing with the community.
9/11/2014 12:55 PM
great job acn! pierce was truly amazing... i too have never seen a player like that, would have made an elite pg or an elite c or anything in between, when he grew up a bit. shame you didn't get him for another year, although he was honestly too good to be allowed, once he got his IQ up. i've seen a lot of 1000+ players people have posted and such, but none on his level.

i usually console myself the 11 months of the year that are not march madness, with the single fact that i no longer have to see or hear about "the shot", so there's that... but otherwise excellent job :)

maybe some day after 10 consecutive interviews hit on d1 recruit generation as the primary problem in the game, they will do something about it? what are we up to, 5 now? i really like the idea of IQ potential too, glad you hit on that.
9/11/2014 1:10 PM
Ouch anadeau.  No mention of the St. Rose/Bryant rivalry.  Those were bloody, intense games.  Mascots were stolen, locker rooms were vandalized.

:) Great interview!
9/11/2014 3:30 PM
A Black Bear eh? I worked in the athletic department there on two separate occasions. I also was a student at UNH when they lost to Maine in 99 out in Anaheim :(
9/11/2014 5:01 PM
Posted by gopokes24 on 9/11/2014 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Ouch anadeau.  No mention of the St. Rose/Bryant rivalry.  Those were bloody, intense games.  Mascots were stolen, locker rooms were vandalized.

Ah sh!t, I knew I'd leave something out! I definitely should have mentioned that, those were epic battles, and then when jj beat us each once in the NT game to go back to back. N10 won 4 in 6 seasons between the three of us, and the 4 of 5 with each of us going back to back. I also should have mentioned my first class at Bryant that I went crazy with FT practice and of my 10 man rotation, 9 were A+. I think I shot like 88% for the season.

Thanks pokes and billy!
9/11/2014 5:18 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 9/11/2014 5:01:00 PM (view original):
A Black Bear eh? I worked in the athletic department there on two separate occasions. I also was a student at UNH when they lost to Maine in 99 out in Anaheim :(
I think I noticed the UNH affiliation on your profile once and was going to make a snide comment on a coaches corner, but thought better of it. I'm sure you didn't enjoy the 99 game as much as I did.
9/11/2014 5:24 PM
Good one acn! That Maine title of yours in Allen still stands out to me as one of the more impressive I've seen in HD.

Totally agree about promises in recruiting too. I'd like to see them made more important, and stronger punishment for making them and not sticking to them.
9/12/2014 9:12 AM
yeah, the promises thing would be cool too. its a shame there is all this good recruiting stuff that it seems most people like, and those who don't, don't really seem to be strongly opposed to, except the folks who take the standpoint that any change is bad because WIS will find a way to make it so. the shame is even with general community support, we can't get any of it put in. instead seble goes all seblezilla on d1 recruit generation... but other than that, seems like recruiting has hardly been touched since i started 7 years ago, except for adding FSS. i suppose they took out personalities and boosters, but simply taking stuff out only half qualifies as making improvements, if that. they did some little stuff like limiting calls and limiting when you can use promises, but how you approach a guy who you want, that generally hasn't changed in the slightest in 7 years. it would be nice to change things up a bit so people could re-strategize and all that good stuff.
9/12/2014 12:48 PM
Posted by acn24 on 9/11/2014 5:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gopokes24 on 9/11/2014 3:30:00 PM (view original):

Ah sh!t, I knew I'd leave something out! I definitely should have mentioned that, those were epic battles, and then when jj beat us each once in the NT game to go back to back. N10 won 4 in 6 seasons between the three of us, and the 4 of 5 with each of us going back to back. I also should have mentioned my first class at Bryant that I went crazy with FT practice and of my 10 man rotation, 9 were A+. I think I shot like 88% for the season.

Thanks pokes and billy!
excellent interview Aaron, and thx for my first ever shout-out by someone in one of those, although now I feel really sad wondering if I hastened girt's departure 
9/12/2014 8:31 PM
When is ol boy gonna get intviewed
9/13/2014 12:11 AM
Excellent and informative article. Thanks for taking the time.
9/14/2014 11:52 AM
User Interview - acn24 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.