Ok, now that we are 2 games into the NFL season, we have an idea of who the contenders may be. Since Denver went to last year's SuperBowl, have Peyton Manning, and are 2-0, many figure that they are the team to beat in the AFC. So, outside of Denver, which team do you think is the next most likely challenger for the AFC Championship?

Votes: 43
(Last vote received: 9/21/2014 6:44 PM)
9/17/2014 4:30 PM
Bengals look like the real deal, but they have not won a playoff game since 1990, and Andy Dalton has looked horrible at QB in the 3 playoff games. Their defense is nasty good, and so far this year, no mistakes on offense.
9/17/2014 4:32 PM
As a Bengals fan I'm hoping Dalton with his huge new contract will finally get over the playoff jitters and finally bring home a win.  To give him credit, he is the first Bengals QB to lead them to the playoffs for three straight years.
9/17/2014 4:35 PM
Who Dey!!!
9/17/2014 9:39 PM
yeah, uhh, i think u posted this in the wrong forum bro
9/17/2014 9:50 PM
Yanks, just mixing it up a bit. Interesting to hear other sports perspectives from this diverse community.
9/18/2014 12:44 AM
I picked the pats.  I do like the bengals as the 3rd best team in the AFC.  I feel like they're right there with the pats and could leapfrog them depending on injuries.  If gronk goes down for the year in week 4 or 5 (good bet he misses time) then they could jump them in the rankings.  AJ green has turf toe and that can linger all season so the bengals have injury concerns as well. 

Here's my top 3 in each conference:

NFC - Seattle, San Fran, Carolina
AFC - Denver, NE, CIN

I'm still going with my preseason pick of DEN over SEA for the SB. 

9/18/2014 3:04 AM
i picked the bengals because i live there, even though their proven track record of blowing it makes it very wishful thinking that they deserve the spot. i mean yeah, they have been solid for a few years, and look good starting out, but that is how they get you :) really i just wanted to see what other people picked, and i had no solid opinion, so i figured, may as well. but i see the most people picked the bengals... i guess WIS being based in cinci will do that! i hope they win but really i'd probably have to pick most of those teams over the bengals, just on principle. hell, i'd probably even pick the giants ;)
9/18/2014 7:09 PM
I think talent-wise Cincy is the best non-Denver AFC team, but as noted they have performed badly in the playoffs.

Marvin Lewis must have won hell of a long leash with his coaching job. 11 seasons, 0 playoff wins. I imagine the fan base is generally quiet about him because of how terrible they were before he arrived.
9/18/2014 7:43 PM
San Diego is pretty scary right now
9/18/2014 7:51 PM

The Cheaters are a good bet.  Why?  Belicheck knows how to cheat better than anyone.
9/19/2014 10:21 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.