How can this coach not move to D1? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by clarebear on 10/6/2014 11:13:00 PM (view original):
That makes no sense, sounds like it wasn't worth it to demand CS send it to admin/seble? There had to be something wrong to not have that resume be eligible for D- DI.
I asked for it to be escalated to selbe but the response from the first line CS was a polite but firm denial.  1-2 more NT bids were needed.  5 in a row, essentially.  It's the programming logic WIS wants and there's no reason to fight them on it.  I don't mind having one less team...and apparently they don't mind having one less paying customer in Tark. 
10/7/2014 12:14 AM
Wow, glad I made it to DI a while ago, 3 seasons at DII with only the last 2 in the NT.   now 5 in a row to make it to DI and yet coaches at the most desired coaching spots can go like 10+ seasons without big time winning and not be fired from elite teams.  I guess they don't want anyone to move.
10/7/2014 1:26 AM
Posted by clarebear on 10/7/2014 1:26:00 AM (view original):
Wow, glad I made it to DI a while ago, 3 seasons at DII with only the last 2 in the NT.   now 5 in a row to make it to DI and yet coaches at the most desired coaching spots can go like 10+ seasons without big time winning and not be fired from elite teams.  I guess they don't want anyone to move.
To be fair, what CS is saying is that I need 5 in a row because, during the past 10 seasons, the oldest 5 in DIII were suckage.  Not everybody will need 5 NT appearances at DII to get promoted to DI. 

In Smith, I'm eligible for 40+ DI jobs with another 20+ as longshots...virtually my entire resume is DIII.  No DII success necessary.

IMHO, my resume shows a serious flaw in the logic but not one that would impact a majority of users. 
10/7/2014 8:46 AM
I'd say from the looks of it 4 NT appearences in a row is average and will get you to D1 and the logic I can potentially explain is 4 in a row means your on your own recruits. This prevents coaches from cherry picking there way to D1 and riding a ridiculous A+ class into the NT and then jumping quickly. So 4NT appearences and at most 5 or even 6 and then you can make the D1 jump. I do not believe this logic is really great, on the flipside I believe the bigger issue is the firing logic, if they opened up firing and hiring this game would get a more realistic feel. Let coaches move and force coaches to be moved.

TLDR : I get why its 4 NT appearences average for you to do it on your own recruits but thats a little steep, Bigger problem is that no one is ever fired.
10/7/2014 3:29 PM
I just looked into this more, and it is just effing ridiculous...dude takes a D+ to an A- in 5 seasons...on top of 36 NT bids and 36 NT wins and decades of seasons at D1....I mean gmafb.

Seble, your process is broken.  Please fix it.

10/7/2014 9:47 PM
Job Logic readers, don't forget this...
3/14/2015 2:21 PM
Bump
5/25/2015 2:27 PM
It really is too hard to break into DI, and I think its pretty short-sighted of WIS not to change this.  There are people who only got into the game to get to DI, and lose interest after their 6th DII season when they still don't qualify.  When I was trying to break into D1 myself I couldn't believe how long it took to qualify for anything.  Below was my DII resume which at that time didn't qualify me for a single DI job.

Season 85: Findlay #20
26-5 (overall)/15-1 (conf), RPI: 21

Regular Season Conference Champion
Conference Tournament Champion
National Tournament - 2nd Round

Season 84: Findlay #1
35-0 (overall)/16-0 (conf), RPI: 2

National Champion
Conference Coach of the Year

Season 83: Findlay #14
29-2 (overall)/16-0 (conf), RPI: 25

Season 82: Findlay 
20-11 (overall)/12-4 (conf), RPI: 68

Postseason Invitational - 2nd Round

Season 81: Findlay 
21-10 (overall)/11-5 (conf), RPI: 66

Postseason Invitational - 3rd Round

5/25/2015 3:25 PM
You guys see this?  This is beyond ridiculous
5/25/2015 3:28 PM
how do you not qualify for a D1 job with a D2 national championship!?  I feel almost every low level school and possibly some low end mid majors would throw cash at you in real life.
5/25/2015 4:29 PM
I'm qualified for several DI jobs with my Rupp team...and my resume doesn't even come close to a few of these that don't qualify
5/25/2015 4:50 PM
wait what the f***? that resume is for a d2 school not d3? 

that is really completely insane... if that is really a d2 school. i didn't think things change that much but that would be a massive shift in requirements. 

5/25/2015 5:37 PM
Findlay is a D2 fwiw.  I wonder if they effed something up "fixing" the time passed "glitch".  Again, at best, what it takes to get to D1 is horribly inconsistent.  The fact that they told gomiami1972 with 36 NT bids and 36 NT wins to basically "gfy", is haughtily ridiculous on seble's/WIS' part.

People are quitting over this...God knows I quit Tark 5 or 6 times because I wasn't eligible for D1 (when I felt like I could have made the argument that I should have been...coached 3 seasons in 2 stints at D1 previously, among other stuff).  If not for piman314's great Millersville squad, I probably would still be out of Tark.

Not that this needed cementing after the gomiami1972 incident, but not being able to get to D1 after a D2 NT puts the nail in the coffin...this thing is BROKEN!

5/25/2015 8:45 PM
Posted by bro_lunardi on 5/25/2015 3:25:00 PM (view original):
It really is too hard to break into DI, and I think its pretty short-sighted of WIS not to change this.  There are people who only got into the game to get to DI, and lose interest after their 6th DII season when they still don't qualify.  When I was trying to break into D1 myself I couldn't believe how long it took to qualify for anything.  Below was my DII resume which at that time didn't qualify me for a single DI job.

Season 85: Findlay #20
26-5 (overall)/15-1 (conf), RPI: 21

Season 84: Findlay #1
35-0 (overall)/16-0 (conf), RPI: 2

National Champion

Season 83: Findlay #14
29-2 (overall)/16-0 (conf), RPI: 25

Season 82: Findlay 
20-11 (overall)/12-4 (conf), RPI: 68

Postseason Invitational - 2nd Round

Season 81: Findlay 
21-10 (overall)/11-5 (conf), RPI: 66

Postseason Invitational - 3rd Round

I would bet a couple seasons on rep/loyalty problems.  
5/25/2015 9:48 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
How can this coach not move to D1? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.