Anyone ever gotten a Keep Looking job? Topic

Has anyone actually gotten one? KL seems like a cop out. You are either Qualified or you arent. Why have KL.
10/8/2014 7:37 AM
I have heard that people have been given "Not qualified" jobs but its super rare, like 1/20 or even worse chance. So it may be possible, i assume later in the job period you have a better chance but I think this is unconfirmed
10/8/2014 2:15 PM
I feel like that "keep Looking" is a combination of you not being qualified for the job AND it would also negatively impact your loyalty. So, in terms of you chances of getting the job, it's exactly the same as "Not Qualified." At least, that's the way I look at it. That being said, I have often wondered if all "not qualified" jobs are the same. IOW, do you stand a slightly higher chance of getting a lower prestige "Not Qualified" (or Keep Looking), than a higher prestige "Not Qualified". Or if all NQs and KLs are the same percentage chance of getting them.

I, too, have always accepted that there is a small chance you could get a job you are NQ or KL for and it seems like I have read that somewhere. 

This is, by far, the most thought I have put into it- so now I am thinking I might just start applying to 3 big time NQ jobs every season, just to see if I could ever get one, by luck.

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more I seem to remember that NQ jobs would kick your application back immediately and the KL jobs will consider you for a short period of time. Argh, I get more confused the more I think about it! :-) I can't remember.
10/8/2014 2:31 PM
I should have just gone back and read before posting... from the online players guide....

• Not Qualified: Just what it says. You have not proven yourself enough to be eligible for this job. If you apply, you will be nearly instantly rejected.
  • Longshot: You have a very, very small chance at this job. In most coaches' experience, the chance is so miniscule it's hardly worth exploring, as you will almost always be instantly rejected.
  • Keep Looking: Basically the same as Longshot, though this also means the school is considered a Step Backwards, meaning you will incur a severe loyalty hit. (We'll cover loyalty hits momentarily)
  • Lateral: This is the advice you get when looking at jobs that are DII or DIII schools when already at that level. Again, this advice is a warning of a loyalty hit.
  • Qualified: This means that you have done enough to qualify for this job, and that your resume seems like a very good fit for the program. This does not guarantee you will be hired at this job, however, as another coach with a better resume could apply.
  • Step Backwards: This means that your agent believe you already have your program at a level higher than this particular team. While you will generally have a good chance of being hired in this case, you will receive a large loyalty hit.
  • Over Qualified: Generally reserved for when you are going to a lower division. (Stepping down from DI to DII or DIII, for example) This will merit an enormous loyalty drop.

While your agent's advice is crucial for knowing where to apply, it's important to remember that he is not working with the full body of information. Schools hire coaches based on 4 categories.

10/8/2014 2:35 PM
Anyone ever gotten a Keep Looking job? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.