True virgin territory Topic

not a true one, but i just toook over a school Pace D2, Phelan who has 1 human coached season and has been to the PI twice(1st round and 3rd round), and been regular season conf champion once.  No CT championships, no NT appearences, has only been a C+ prestige twice(both after reaching PI)
10/12/2014 12:13 AM
I am in my second season at Shaw in Naismith, a job I took solely because of the wretched history of the school.  They had a grand total of one game in the NT and one game in the PT in the 74 seasons before I got there, with a best-ever RPI of 66.  Ouch!

We may sneak into the NT this year but with my first recruiting class being sophomores we won't win a game if we get there.  But I am hoping that when they are seniors, we will be strong enough to get to the dance and advance a round or two.  Then they will build a statue of me (only not as handsome of course) on campus.

10/12/2014 12:31 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 10/10/2014 11:45:00 PM (view original):
Forgot to add d3 Clark in Smith as well. Additionally, their best RPI is 105.
I just looked at the available jobs in Smith - Clark is not listed.  Were they already human-coached, or did someone grab them after reading this thread?
10/12/2014 12:34 PM
Posted by davis on 10/12/2014 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 10/10/2014 11:45:00 PM (view original):
Forgot to add d3 Clark in Smith as well. Additionally, their best RPI is 105.
I just looked at the available jobs in Smith - Clark is not listed.  Were they already human-coached, or did someone grab them after reading this thread?
If a coach reserved Clark in advance, then the school won't be available to current coaches
10/12/2014 2:27 PM
find me a school in d3 with no nt or pi appearances i need a challenge, anyone. Thanks ahead of time.
10/12/2014 4:27 PM
A few seasons ago I was looking through the most wretched programs and happened upon Clark in Smith, and decided to take up the challenge. We're currently in the recruiting phase before the third season, and I'm confident our first postseason berth ever is coming either this season or next. 
10/12/2014 9:20 PM (edited)
Your first postseason birth? Who is the father?

Just joking.

I took Piedmont for similar reasons.

Ps; I wasn't saying anything bad about your rebuild, just commenting on the school history.
10/12/2014 8:35 PM (edited)
Posted by piratesfan23 on 10/12/2014 4:27:00 PM (view original):
find me a school in d3 with no nt or pi appearances i need a challenge, anyone. Thanks ahead of time.
Ask and you shall recieve. In your sitemail. No nt appearances, no pt appearances, and never won a conference championship much less the ct(as evidenced by the lack of nt appearances.)
10/12/2014 8:41 PM
Thanks A, its been a while since i was in that world , utica a long time back.
10/12/2014 10:02 PM
I took over S. utah in IBA in season 73.  It has had only 1 PI appearance and had 1 human coach for 1 season prior to me coaching it for the most recent 2 seasons.  I'm hoping to get them into the NT in the next couple of seasons.

10/12/2014 11:47 PM
I took UAB in Phelan for just that reason, had been 67 years of no human, no post season at all.  Of course I've done nothing to change that fate so far, well except the human part.  At that point there were two (in Phelan), I think Louisiana Lafayette was in the same boat.
10/13/2014 8:08 AM
Posted by guyo26 on 10/13/2014 8:08:00 AM (view original):
I took UAB in Phelan for just that reason, had been 67 years of no human, no post season at all.  Of course I've done nothing to change that fate so far, well except the human part.  At that point there were two (in Phelan), I think Louisiana Lafayette was in the same boat.
Yep, ULL was another one. I took them over because they had never had a human coach. They had previous postseason appearances and even won an NT game way, way back when Phelan first started but had never had a human coach to mess them up. Now they've got one and I'm working on my ninth season of messing them up, ha ha!
10/14/2014 6:25 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 10/11/2014 2:37:00 PM (view original):
Erik, I'd be all over that if I could get a d1 gig in tark
My other team in Tark would be more than 1000 miles away Trev. I may grab that school up next season just to be the first human to ever coach there. Amazing after so many seasons that there is still a school that hasn't had a human coach. I'd think the chances of that would be very slim.
10/14/2014 6:29 PM
Yeah, and more power to ya.  I've actually considered moving up to a virgin in Phelan from Mount Olive, again not going to name the team just in case, however I'm the only ever human coach at Mount Olive too, for 46 or 47 seasons, and that's the reason I went there to begin with.  I basically have my 2 dream jobs at this point (Mount Olive (D2) Phelan, New Orleans (D1) Knight)
10/14/2014 9:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
True virgin territory Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.