5 man rotation for PG, SG and SF. Topic

Want to effectively use 5 players for 3 positions. I've pretty much previously been religious with being 2 deep at every position.

How best to utilize the players in the depth chart?

Should the higher stamina guys start or be the back-ups?

All 5 will be pretty interchangeable.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
10/15/2014 4:17 AM
All else being equal, I'd start my best defenders.    With 5 players at 3 positions,  one of them will need to back-up at two spots. 

You could do a true platoon system......the three players with the fewest minutes will start the next game.  The one with the most minutes will back-up at only one position. 

10/15/2014 5:20 AM
Thanks alblack. Interesting idea on the minutes.
10/16/2014 1:25 AM
Depends on a few things...
1- what defense do you run, if it's m2m, I would move the high defenders a little higher...
2- who are you playing? Is there a matchup you need to adjust to in order to score or defend more effectively? Do you need a better defender guarding their backup 2?
3- what defense are you going against? Against a press make sure you have your best pg starting at pg regardless of d. And make sure your backup pg is your second best pg, even if he would start at the two against most teams.

Other than that...
Best bh/pass guys with speed are the top priority at pg.
make sure there's a distance shooter on the floor always.
Make sure there are two scorers on the floor always including your bigs.
If that's the case, start your best defenders and bring a poor defender off the bench to score.
Have 3 starters, a regular backup at 1 position, and the best backup at the other two positions. Only put a person who can play of well at the backup 1.
Put whoever (starter at 2? Or bench guy) is the best pg as the third backup pg.
the others don't matter.
10/17/2014 10:27 AM
Thanks stewdog.

We run a zone/press.
10/18/2014 1:31 AM
5 man rotation for PG, SG and SF. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.