Who's ready for a brand new world? Topic

I would love to see a new world started from scratch with 2 games a day.  Would that interest anybody?
10/15/2014 7:49 AM
The current worlds are already barren enough, no need to exacerbate that problem. I would, however, like to see a test world open up with some major changes to the jobs process, gameplanning and recruiting
10/15/2014 9:19 AM
i'd like to to see HD2 made, eventually replacing HD.  I'd assume to decent amount of people with long history would be ****** off, but maybe allow credits to transfer and have HD history affect jobs available in HD2, so someone who is D1 major player doesn't have to start off in D3 or D2.  Then we could see some changes in how recruiting is done, more offensive sets like Pick/Roll, high post, and defenses like 1-3-1, conference realignments(and division), and then limit the amount of worlds,  Like having 2 single game/day and 2 double game/day, could even open 1 three gm/day
10/15/2014 12:51 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 10/15/2014 12:51:00 PM (view original):
i'd like to to see HD2 made, eventually replacing HD.  I'd assume to decent amount of people with long history would be ****** off, but maybe allow credits to transfer and have HD history affect jobs available in HD2, so someone who is D1 major player doesn't have to start off in D3 or D2.  Then we could see some changes in how recruiting is done, more offensive sets like Pick/Roll, high post, and defenses like 1-3-1, conference realignments(and division), and then limit the amount of worlds,  Like having 2 single game/day and 2 double game/day, could even open 1 three gm/day
I would like to see this as well. Fewer worlds but make schools fire coaches more often. I also would like to see the true conference alignments. 
10/15/2014 2:10 PM
As Car said above, the current worlds are already barren enough. Why dilute them any further?
10/15/2014 2:27 PM
I would like to see NBA HD where you can move up with the players to a professional setting.  That will make coaches move up and even you can see your EE's go professional and you get to draft players.  You work your way up the Pro ranks like prestige.  You take over let's say Houston Rockets then prove yourself to coach the bulls, knicks or Celtic's Lakers.  LOL 
10/15/2014 4:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing an HD theme world where nobody is allowed to have a player with a defensive rating over 20. At least for me, that would be entertaining.

Obviously, as you can see the number of vacancies across all worlds and until Fox/WIS can market their product better, I doubt a new world will be opening in the near future or at any point in the distant future.

10/15/2014 4:56 PM (edited)
Posted by iwanturmind2 on 10/15/2014 4:28:00 PM (view original):
I would like to see NBA HD where you can move up with the players to a professional setting.  That will make coaches move up and even you can see your EE's go professional and you get to draft players.  You work your way up the Pro ranks like prestige.  You take over let's say Houston Rockets then prove yourself to coach the bulls, knicks or Celtic's Lakers.  LOL 
That would be very cool indeed. But it would require Fox to spend money. So it won't happen.
10/15/2014 6:07 PM
I think they kind of missed the boat by having all worlds identical, asides from games/day.  It would have been fun if each world had its own niche.  Maybe one with no baseline prestige.  One with more realistic hiring/firing, or coach contracts.  One with no early entries. 

Although I'm sure programing each of the worlds a little differently would be way more trouble than its worth.  Would definitely help encourage more coaches to try different worlds though.

I haven't been around long enough to see the opening of a new world so I would love to see it, but can definitely understand their reasoning not to do so.

10/15/2014 6:40 PM
The season length in the NBA, including postseason, is about 2.5 times as long.

The timing wouldn't work out at all.
10/15/2014 7:46 PM
Im down
10/15/2014 10:47 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/15/2014 7:46:00 PM (view original):

HD Soccer is like 36 games one per day and it's last a few months.  You can shorten the season to like 70 games since WIS is not an official league you can actually make the pro's as long as you want.  Dont' they have an NBA league already with old players?  I think that is the full 82 games.
10/16/2014 8:45 AM
You can also play three games a day to make it go faster.
10/16/2014 8:46 AM
Posted by iwanturmind2 on 10/16/2014 8:45:00 AM (view original):

HD Soccer is like 36 games one per day and it's last a few months.  You can shorten the season to like 70 games since WIS is not an official league you can actually make the pro's as long as you want.  Dont' they have an NBA league already with old players?  I think that is the full 82 games.
Sure there's an NBA sim.  But in this case, it would have to run concurrently with HD, so the drafts worked out, etc.  World rollovers would need to coincide.  Even if you only draft every other HD season and roll over the NBA sim once every other HD year, which is weird in the first place, it's almost impossible to make the timing work.

I mean, it's just a stupid idea in a lot of ways.  But this is the most simple and obvious of them.

10/16/2014 12:16 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/16/2014 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by iwanturmind2 on 10/16/2014 8:45:00 AM (view original):

Sure there's an NBA sim.  But in this case, it would have to run concurrently with HD, so the drafts worked out, etc.  World rollovers would need to coincide.  Even if you only draft every other HD season and roll over the NBA sim once every other HD year, which is weird in the first place, it's almost impossible to make the timing work.

I mean, it's just a stupid idea in a lot of ways.  But this is the most simple and obvious of them.

You could match it up with a 1-a-day HD world.  3 games/day would mean ~27 day season, Playoffs are another 10-ish days, and the offseason is maybe 8 days and I think that matches up.  I don't think timing would be a huge issue.  
10/16/2014 12:59 PM
12 Next ▸
Who's ready for a brand new world? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.