terrible forum names make it THAT MUCH harder to search an already excruciatingly difficult library of information. i know that some people love to use the cliff hangers to generate more attention / interest to their post, or they will abbreviate because the extra 3 letters are too much to bear, but as an accommodation to the current and future coaches that might benefit from being able to search for the information that your post might hope to extract, PLEASE make the forum subjects more specific, without any abbreviations. 
11/7/2014 10:28 AM
is it supposed to be ironic that the name of this thread is not very specific?

11/7/2014 10:32 AM
Posted by bbunch on 11/7/2014 10:32:00 AM (view original):
is it supposed to be ironic that the name of this thread is not very specific?

+1
11/7/2014 10:34 AM
not ironic, but, yes it was intentional to prove the point.
11/7/2014 10:34 AM
i guess i should have taken the next step and abbreviated, but alas, i'm unfortunately not that witty!
11/7/2014 10:35 AM
Is that the problem, or is it the search feature itself?

One of the best features of the forums is the ability to Favorite threads, by clicking on the star next to the thread title.  These threads are then easily accessed by clicking My Forums near the top of the screen.  Only problem is, you can only favor 10 topics!  Would be really helpful to bump this up a bit.

11/7/2014 11:02 AM
One problem is the fifty character title limit.
11/7/2014 11:39 AM
yeah, the search function is suboptimal and it would be helpful to have clearer post titles. what can you say? people gonna do what they do
11/7/2014 12:10 PM
try this next time:

do a google search with "hoops dyansty" and then describe what you are looking for.

.. someitmes it works better for me than using the site search engine and , to me, its easier  (which is important for those of us with limited brinapower)

11/7/2014 3:03 PM
Posted by oldave on 11/7/2014 3:03:00 PM (view original):
try this next time:

do a google search with "hoops dyansty" and then describe what you are looking for.

.. someitmes it works better for me than using the site search engine and , to me, its easier  (which is important for those of us with limited brinapower)

Even better, run a Google Advanced search and use the site limiter to just search the full text of forum posts.

11/7/2014 3:44 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.