http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7354

I'm not sure how my RPI and ranking correspond to a #7 seed.  I understand that I am in a weak conference (there were six humans in it when I joined but now only two), but since SOS is a big part of RPI the overall conference performance should already be accounted for, right?

I've had this happen consistently, where my seeding is always a bit worse than my RPI and ranking suggest (although usually not as big a discrepancy as this time), so I know there is something else that I must be doing wrong.  Should I schedule more road games?  More games against Top 25 opponents?  I know I could change conferences to face more humans, and it was never my intent to be in a mostly-AI conference - but I really don't want to leave the program, given that I've raised the prestige up to A+ and the roster is filled with my recruits.  So maybe I am just stuck and this kind of seeding issue is going to keep happening?

Any insight greatly appreciated!
11/15/2014 12:14 PM
what is your projection report standing?
11/15/2014 1:32 PM
you're 6-3 against the top 50
you're 1-2 against the top 25

without looking any further, that sounds like a ranking between 25 and 28 sounds pretty reasonable. 

If you're in a conference with all Sims, your non-con needs to be contender after contender after contender imo. I'm in a conference with only four humans (albeit four quality humans) in Crum, and my non-con this season had 8 top 50 teams and 6 top 25 teams. 
11/15/2014 2:52 PM
RPI has been de-valued in determining the seeding.   You should schedule the toughest teams that you can beat. It looks like you scheduled well this time...only one team outside the top 100 RPI
11/15/2014 7:29 PM
Point differential does have an impact as well.  A 2 point loss isn't the same as a 20 point loss to an Top 25 RPI team.
11/15/2014 7:32 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.