World 11 Virgin Dream Jobs - D1, D2, and D3 Topic

Well let's just get past the fact I am still learning how to win at D3 and wouldn't be ready for the big boys! Haha

D1 - Xavier, my childhood favorite school.
D2 - Northern Kentucky University, spent some time around the NKU program doing broadcasting work (including play by play when they played FGCU, fun call).
D3 - Marietta, that is where I played ball at as a collegiate athlete.
11/18/2014 12:10 PM
D1- St. Mary's (CA) ... oh wait ... they don't even exist in WIS.

But as long as St. Mary's is the subject ... how about adding some international recruits from Australia??

Or IF there was a new world ... update conference alignments.
11/19/2014 6:27 PM
Posted by oldave on 11/16/2014 9:55:00 PM (view original):
d1  cuse   but been there and done that... not sure if ill try to get back there or try soemwhere else... maybe TAMU?

d2  id like to find a "perfect d2 school... but dont think ive found it yet. 

d3  oneonta...  my first job in hd and stayed there 36 seasons and won a few NCs.  at some point, i decided that 36th season would be my last... and i really wanted to be the first coach in iba d3 to 1,000 wins.  but it was going to be close.   i got to 999 wins and was favored to win in the sweet16 but lost    i decided it just wasnt meant to be and retired on 999.   (interesting sidenote: a few years after i retired from oneonta iba.....my son ended up going to and graduating from oneonta in real life.  wierd.)  oneonta will always be "my" school in hd. 
Washington (Mo) is and always will be better
11/24/2014 9:22 PM
Posted by coachvegas44 on 11/16/2014 10:55:00 PM (view original):
oldave, good story. I loved the guy. A very outgoing leader who everybody was drawn to. One of the truly good guys. He may never have reached that 6'7" but the man could jump out of the gym. He would do humungous dunks. My favorite story was the one where he threw the ball off his high school gym wall and dunked it. He, Stacy Augmon, George Echols and James Jones just tore up the rims.
Think you meant George Ackles, who as I recall was not a handsome fellow.  Or maybe I'm confusing him with Moses Scurry.  And how about Travis Bice off the bench just draining 3's...legendary team in so many ways, though they only got 1 title out of it and it wasn't the year everyone remembers them for.
11/24/2014 10:45 PM
I'm taking a step back from most of my teams, but for me:

D3: Most D3 schools are no different from each other. Getting one (dream job) is also not difficult. As long as its not in some really bad recruiting area, I would pick teams based on their names or mascots. Candidates include - Misericordia, Hampton-Sidney (motto: Come here as boys, so you may leave as men), US Merchant Marines.

D2: St. Martins. I could have this job at any time, in about any world, but I've always thought about taking it since I work across the street from the school.

D1: I've always thought the best job in the game is UCLA.
11/26/2014 2:50 PM
D3 - Bethany College
D2 - Any WV School since im from wv. 
D1 - UK is my fav team and "dream" job, marshall is my alma mater and would be 2nd, and wvu would be 3rd choice.
11/26/2014 3:10 PM
D-1 Buffalo (Live in) 
D-2 Northern Kentucky (Alum- jobs never seems open in my league)
D-3 Medaille,Buffalo State, or basically any BUffalo or Northern Kentucky/Cincy area team
11/27/2014 11:15 AM
D1-Texas or UNC, my two favorite hoops teams
D2-Angelo State (where I attended)
D3-Catholic (my first ever coaching job in HD)

11/27/2014 11:02 PM
◂ Prev 12
World 11 Virgin Dream Jobs - D1, D2, and D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.