Interested in Moving Topic

I'm currently at Buena Vista in IBA D3 and am looking to possibly move to another D3 or even a D2 team with a competitive conference. I'm a solid coach, nothing special, but am dedicated to getting better. I've enjoyed the time I've had at my current position, but my rival in conference has expressed his desire to leave the game following a crushing loss in NT and I don't want to be left in a sim conference. If anyone has any suggestions on a destination I'd appreciate it. I've looked around, but to be honest, after awhile they all start looking the same. Thanks in advance for your help and consideration...
12/1/2014 8:21 PM
Don't know if it has any openings currently, but check out the D3 Heartland in Iba if you're considering a move but wanting to stick at D3. It had lots of strong coaches, raked in a ton of postseason cash and was a lot of fun. Only reason I'm not playing there still is I had to scale back the number of teams I was carrying due to a move. 

As for D2, Iba used to be considered the most competitive world out there for D2, so pretty much any human-dominated conference there might be fun. Not sure what the power D2 leagues in the world are though since that was a career D3 world for me. 
12/1/2014 9:22 PM
It's rare that I'd tell someone to check out our rival conference (I'm in D-II Heartland), but seriously consider the CVAC in D-II. Really good group of coaches and they have 3 openings in what is typically a full house. CVAC & Heartland play a challenge each season that adds a little extra something and you'll typically have a lot of extra post-season cash.

Lees-McRae followed by Belmont Abbey in the East would be my choice. If you want a Challenge and to play against some of the top coaches in D-II, Mount Olive is the job for you.
12/1/2014 10:43 PM
My vote is for Heartland, D3.   I've been there 75 seasons and we're almost always the #1 conference. We currently have 4 openings, which is rare.  Look at Bluffton, Defiance, Anderson, and Franklin
12/2/2014 5:07 AM
Hey, come to Philadelphia Biblical in Knight, Heartland. We need you there. The conference has only three non humans team left. It is steady. I just joined and it's fun, hell in conference play, tough in recruiting, but this is where you learn.
12/2/2014 7:33 AM
I'll second the vote for CVAC in D2 Iba, if you haven't made a move already.  We have 3 spots open still, 1 complete rebuild and 2 that just lost human coaches (Belmont Abbey and Lees-McRae). 
12/2/2014 9:08 AM
GL, supersloth.  Not to derail the convo but I got stuck on "crushing loss in the NT".  Is there another kind of NT loss? :)

(My tongue is in my cheek.  I get it.  The phrase just made me blink.)

12/2/2014 10:25 AM
Northwest Conference is an up and coming conference, and could use a coach like you! Chapman is a team that is ready to win right now, but Lewis and Clark and George Fox will set you up for a nice recruiting class in year 2/3. We have some really good opportunities in our conference and would love to have you join.
12/2/2014 1:21 PM
CVAC thirded. 

Lees-McRae is coming off 18 straight postseason appearances and has made the NT in 4 of the last 5 seasons. And it's on the easier side of an extremely stacked conference. Would definitely be my choice. 
12/2/2014 3:30 PM
We could definitely use you in the CVAC. It's got some friendly, strong coaches with a tradition of national titles, and rarely has openings, so you should take advantage of it. 

12/2/2014 5:24 PM
Interested in Moving Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.