Columbia 92th in project report (OUT)
1-8 vs top 100
8-2 vs 101-200
9-0 vs 200+
12/7/2014 12:43 AM
Same reference numbers for Robert Morris so they are down for comparison purposes.
103 projection report:

0-7 vs top 100 teams,
8-2 against 101-200
11-0 against 200+

Best win: @ umass(119)
Worst losses: @stoney brook(156), Monmouth(108)

Either a win vs a top 100 or avoiding a loss or two to the 101-200 might have put the team
In
12/7/2014 7:48 AM (edited)
the point of the projection report was to get away from focus on rpi and win totals - and incorporate more refined consideration of opponents, quality of wins, etc.  Otherwise, too easy to manipulate the arithmetic of RPI

I think everyone or virtually everyone who played before the projection report method was introduced saw it as a big improvement
12/7/2014 8:49 AM
Posted by joco45215 on 12/6/2014 11:34:00 PM (view original):
You are right scaturo didn't win my conference tourney title. I guess I need to reevaluate my scheduling and take a few more but whoopings on ooc
You do need to reevaluate your noncon scheduling, but you don't need to schedule BCS teams to help your SOS.  What you do need to do is avoid teams like Jacksonville, Army, and Butler (from this season).  All three teams are sims loaded with underclassmen, so it's no surprise they aren't good and have terrible RPIs.  Looking at your schedule for next season, you're going to have the same problem.  Middle Tenn St (going to have 7 openings after his year), Radford (8 openings), Buffalo (4 openings and will only have 3 seniors), and Cal Irvine (will have 11 underclassmen) are all going to drag down your RPI next season as well.  AND you have most of your games scheduled at home, which you get less credit for in the RPI rating for if you win.  

Gotta schedule more road games again sims, and gotta look for sims with lots of juniors and sophs on the roster this year (like, 9+) so they are upperclass heavy the following year.  
12/7/2014 8:50 AM
Posted by joco45215 on 12/6/2014 11:34:00 PM (view original):
You are right scaturo didn't win my conference tourney title. I guess I need to reevaluate my scheduling and take a few more but whoopings on ooc
Given you don't have the toughest conference oposition, what you really need to do is load up on 'the best teams you think you can beat consistently'. Look one step deeper and look for teams that you think will finish with winning records themselves yet are beatable by whatever you think your team quality is. If you are in a top BCS conference you can get away with scheduling some scrubs in the noncon. But in the other conferences you need to give yourself the opportunity to score some 'quality wins'.
12/7/2014 11:39 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.