Pinned List of suggestions? Topic

Seems we have a lot of ideas that are being discussed, don't know if it would help to have a "mega-thread" where ideas can be put onto 1 giant "wish-list" for everyone to see and maybe get implemented later?  I know we have a seperate suggestions forum, but it doesn't see much use.

I know some recent things that have come up recently or are still being discussed if they are plausible changes.
  • IQ is not a set grading scale and varies player to player, becoming more like another core attribute with a starting rating and a max rating color-coded by its potential red/black/blue.
  • Limiting of super-classes or reduction of carry-over money
  • 1st recruiting cycle is 3 hours like the rest
  • 2 signing cycles, with one being an earlier soft cycle where you could go after 1 target with a set limited part of your budget
  • No-carryover cash if taking walkons
  • When recruits sign add them to depth chart/player gameplan right away
  • Small percentage of recruits have high IQ
  • Alter Sim coaching practice minute matrix
  • Sim-coaches monitor 3 point-shooting, so that sim coaches don't have PF with a 15 per rating taking 4 3's a game, could be implemented by having thresholds for spd/bh/per ratings so for example if under a certain number set to -2 and if above that but below another number -1, etc
  • Allow scouting trips to be chosen which traits are scouted.
I don't know I just thought it would be a good idea to have a pinned thread.  Maybe if something is brought up and is liked by the community it can be added to the pinned thread, so the pinned thread would only include changes that are well percieved on the forums and thought to be plausible to implement?

if not oh well.
12/15/2014 8:34 PM (edited)
When recruits sign, make them appear on your team immediately.  This would give you more time to add them to your depth chart and change player distribution and practice minutes.  I'm always in a rush to get the depth chart set up in time for the first exhibition.  Plus it would give you something to do during the slow last day of recruiting.
12/8/2014 3:33 PM
Yeah Clouseb, I really like your idea. All for it.
12/8/2014 6:57 PM
I bring this up many times, but from the team I just took over it hasn't changed yet ...

Alter the standard SIMAI coach practice minutes matrix. It still has things such as guards not putting any minutes whatsoever into low post, even though low post is now important for them.
12/8/2014 7:32 PM
Hiring-firing needs to be changed at D1. There has to be more firings and sooner. After that's  improved, any D1 Sim job should be open to any D2 or above coach who wants it.
12/9/2014 8:45 AM
re: jobs--i don't know if opening up every sim job to any D2 coach is a good idea, but i agree with the sentiment. there definitely should be more firings in high-prestige conferences. and job qualification is weird. it's depressing that decent mid-major teams need to substantially decay in prestige before anyone who'd be interested can ever get them, etc etc.

one thought i had was having the jobs process also set up to have "drop downs," so to speak, so better jobs become available to less qualified coaches after the first day of the jobs process. give the most qualified people first crack, then open it up, not necessarily to everyone, but to a wider scope of coaches.

i mean, in my opinion, an A prestige D1 school shouldn't become available to everyone, but a B mid-major job? that job should open up to a wide group of candidates if no one takes that job the first couple days. otherwise the school will have to decay to C- or worse before anyone who might want it is qualified for it.
12/9/2014 8:53 AM
I would love to be able to get some extra practice minutes so that we can devote time to a 2nd offense or defense.
Another one is to have impact freshmen. For teams that get destroyed by EEs every single season it would be nice to bring in freshmen that can carry a team. I assume that would have to be done by tweaking the efficiency points in player's IQ levels
12/9/2014 10:28 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 12/9/2014 8:53:00 AM (view original):
re: jobs--i don't know if opening up every sim job to any D2 coach is a good idea, but i agree with the sentiment. there definitely should be more firings in high-prestige conferences. and job qualification is weird. it's depressing that decent mid-major teams need to substantially decay in prestige before anyone who'd be interested can ever get them, etc etc.

one thought i had was having the jobs process also set up to have "drop downs," so to speak, so better jobs become available to less qualified coaches after the first day of the jobs process. give the most qualified people first crack, then open it up, not necessarily to everyone, but to a wider scope of coaches.

i mean, in my opinion, an A prestige D1 school shouldn't become available to everyone, but a B mid-major job? that job should open up to a wide group of candidates if no one takes that job the first couple days. otherwise the school will have to decay to C- or worse before anyone who might want it is qualified for it.
Really think this idea is creative.  Add this with a better "firing" system and you have something.
12/10/2014 3:36 PM
I do agree that it should be easier to move up in jobs, but with the caveat that they make schools far less patient/more likely to fire.
12/10/2014 3:58 PM

I would not limit the first cycle to 3 hours.  Allow people to preload their first cycle moves over a longer period of time. 

Now, it may be that SIM recruiting action appears only at 5 pm ET, if you loan moves prior to 5 pm you are at risk that a SIM may go after your guys.  Make the moves subject to amendment until 6 pm ET, but let us pre-load in case we cant get on line for the first cycle.

12/10/2014 5:00 PM
there already is no carryover if taking walkons

there is a long good thread with pro and con views on the two signing cycles concept - I think better arguments against a change

would be great if some tiny percentage of recruits came with really strong IQ - maybe 1 percent A...maybe 3 % B

12/10/2014 5:04 PM
My biggest complaint for years has been scouting visits. I think they should allow the coach to choose which skills are scouted in some fashion.  Either by actually picking the skills or a cluster of skills, whatever. 

Secondly, when I talk to my friends about his game one of the biggest things they mock: the lack of updated league affiliation.  I realize this is a difficult problem for many reasons, but I think it shows how out dated things are.  I am not sure exactly how to solve it, but it certainly diminishes the game.

Lastly, they need apps for these games.  From a business perspective, it seems crazy to me that they don't have app interfaces.  I would think this would be a high priority.

12/15/2014 1:39 PM
The ability to do certain actions, like phone calls, to a large number of players at once, say via check marks on the summary sheet. Not all recruiting actions, say just phone calls, scholarships and coach calls,

More varied walkons. Or, just make Walkons come from the universe of players who received no recruiting attention from teams. Naturally, the more talented of those might choose to go JUCO, so you have those just like before,
12/15/2014 9:12 PM
Either ineligibles should take more effort to sign but show up 100% of the time, or you should be able to send recruiting effort to a player after he signs.
If an ineligible player signs with your team he should show up. Just because he doesn't have a good enough gpa doesn't mean he should be able to bail out and other players don't.

12/16/2014 11:05 AM
I guess it is only 8 suggestions instead of 39 since it was never really finished, but if I re-post this in the suggestion thread we might get up to 39 by the end of the day!
5/22/2015 11:55 AM
12 Next ▸
Pinned List of suggestions? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.