Coach Against the Legend! Topic

Before there was aejones... before there was oldresorter... before there was girt25... the biggest critter swimming around in the early days of the primordial HD soup was PLUMPY.

If you are eligible for D2 in Naismith, now is your chance to face off against this legendary once-and-future king.  Plumpy, along with only three other human coaches, is in the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association - leaving eight openings for you to choose from.  Many of these teams have been AI-coached for multiple seasons, so you will be able to take any of them in whatever direction you prefer in terms of offense, defense, and recruiting philosophy.

Naismith is currently in the national tournament phase of the season, so it is a perfect time to reserve your team in the CIAA.  Or if already in Naismith, the jobs process will open in another week or so.  Come and compete with Plumpy and help us build this perennial bottom-feeder of a conference into something special!

12/10/2014 11:01 AM
Go CIAA!!!!!!!!!!!111
12/10/2014 7:59 PM
If you are already in Naismith, jobs are now open - time to head to the CIAA! 
12/15/2014 7:58 AM
i have coached against - aejones, oldresorter, norm24 i think is another one - never against plumpy i see he's been around since 2002.
12/15/2014 5:30 PM
2000 for you davis, damn im out of my league. heh
12/15/2014 5:30 PM
There is another opportunity to coach against the Legend that is Plumpy in Knight D3! The Northwest Conference is on the rise with the addition of Plumpy and barney1974 last season, as well as another National Championship winning coach joining us for Season 79. We are all committed to making the Northwest one of the top D3 conferences in Knight World, but we need more human coaches to make that happen.

This offer isn't for the faint of heart though. Honestly, the available Sim AI teams aren't very good. It will probably take at least 2-4 seasons for new teams to even be competitive. Recruiting in this area can be difficult considering most of the schools have their local area cut off by the Pacific Ocean to the west and Canada to the North and there normally isn't an abundance of quality recruits available close by. Add to that you will be competing against some top notch coaches and this becomes an opportunity for those who are wanting to take on a challenge beyond the regular HD experience.  

Knight is currently entering their post season Tournament period, so jobs should be available sometime around December 23rd. Even though the competition is heating up in the Northwest Conference, we like to have a lot of fun joking around with each other. Would enjoy having some more quality coaches join us for what we are building here.     
12/17/2014 8:03 PM
Naismith now open to coaches not currently in it... if already qualified for D2 from previous seasons, you have tonight and tomorrow morning to pick a CIAA team and try your hand against Plumpy!
12/18/2014 5:55 PM
Is Plump getting royalties for the use of his name through all of this?
12/19/2014 2:26 AM
He's fine with it, I ask him before I used his name in vain. 
12/19/2014 7:37 AM
Season 79 in Knight is getting ready to start. A reminder that we are looking for coaches to join us in the Northwest Conference. Happy Holidays! 
12/22/2014 11:01 AM
Coach Against the Legend! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.