Move to D1:Which Team? Topic

Posted by darnoc29099 on 12/16/2014 11:03:00 AM (view original):
In my opinion, the more important thing to look at than O/D schemes is location, and Ohio is in a FAR better location than Toledo or Eastern Michigan.  Ohio is in the SE part of the state, giving you access to PA, VA, WV, OH, , MI, KY, MD, and parts of NC and TN.  Toledo and E. Michigan are both bordered on the East by Lake Erie, limiting your recruiting in that direction.  And both schools are limited to the North by Canada.  Just my two cents.
+100, this is great advice
12/17/2014 1:45 PM
Posted by tkimble on 12/17/2014 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 12/16/2014 11:03:00 AM (view original):
In my opinion, the more important thing to look at than O/D schemes is location, and Ohio is in a FAR better location than Toledo or Eastern Michigan.  Ohio is in the SE part of the state, giving you access to PA, VA, WV, OH, , MI, KY, MD, and parts of NC and TN.  Toledo and E. Michigan are both bordered on the East by Lake Erie, limiting your recruiting in that direction.  And both schools are limited to the North by Canada.  Just my two cents.
+100, this is great advice
If I had to apply right now, it would be Ohio. Really appreciate the input.
12/17/2014 1:54 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 12/17/2014 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 12/17/2014 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/17/2014 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Weren't you battling some kind of illness not long ago that was going to require you to step away from the game? If it was you, it's very nice to see that you've recovered enough to be able to get back to small things like HD and not have to worry about the big things.

And I guess if that wasn't you I was thinking of, please disregard the above.
emy1013...that was me. Thanks for remembering and for the kind words. I'm not 100%, but I'm trying to get there. Coaching my 5 year old son's basketball team and am back on the court myself. Glad to be able to play HD full-time and not have to worry about the "big things".

Thanks, emy. You're a class act.

Paul
I thought that was you. Really glad to hear that you're doing well. Worrying about the big things is always so stressful, especially when there is a family and young child involved. I think it's just wonderful that you're able to spend time with your son like that and the fact that you've recovered well enough to get you yourself back out onto the court. Just great, great news.

The class act thing? Well, probably not so much in a few certain people's eyes, but everyone has their own opinion I guess. There are a few here that have the reputation of being class acts that I would probably be inclined to disagree with that assessment. But everyone has their own opinion I guess, ha ha.

Anyway, no need to get a war of words started with anyone. Get yourself all the way back to 100%, you can do it. I know I don't know you personally, but there's not a doubt in my mind. Just look at your son and use him as your motivation when you're having one of those "not-so-good" days. Do it for your boy.

Take care Paul, truly glad that you're getting yourself well and I know from having a young son myself that it is a tremendous weight off of his mind and a huge relief for him to see Dad feeling better. Dad's are like Superman to their boys and Superman doesn't get hurt, injured, or sick.

When you see him later, give him a great, big, giant hug. I guarantee you won't regret it and you know what, it'll probably make you feel just a little bit better too!! Have a wonderful day.
**Applause**

Thanks emy, again. After reading that I didn't want to drop Noah off at school-that little man is my life.
12/17/2014 1:54 PM
Posted by p6453 on 12/17/2014 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/17/2014 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 12/17/2014 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/17/2014 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Weren't you battling some kind of illness not long ago that was going to require you to step away from the game? If it was you, it's very nice to see that you've recovered enough to be able to get back to small things like HD and not have to worry about the big things.

And I guess if that wasn't you I was thinking of, please disregard the above.
emy1013...that was me. Thanks for remembering and for the kind words. I'm not 100%, but I'm trying to get there. Coaching my 5 year old son's basketball team and am back on the court myself. Glad to be able to play HD full-time and not have to worry about the "big things".

Thanks, emy. You're a class act.

Paul
I thought that was you. Really glad to hear that you're doing well. Worrying about the big things is always so stressful, especially when there is a family and young child involved. I think it's just wonderful that you're able to spend time with your son like that and the fact that you've recovered well enough to get you yourself back out onto the court. Just great, great news.

The class act thing? Well, probably not so much in a few certain people's eyes, but everyone has their own opinion I guess. There are a few here that have the reputation of being class acts that I would probably be inclined to disagree with that assessment. But everyone has their own opinion I guess, ha ha.

Anyway, no need to get a war of words started with anyone. Get yourself all the way back to 100%, you can do it. I know I don't know you personally, but there's not a doubt in my mind. Just look at your son and use him as your motivation when you're having one of those "not-so-good" days. Do it for your boy.

Take care Paul, truly glad that you're getting yourself well and I know from having a young son myself that it is a tremendous weight off of his mind and a huge relief for him to see Dad feeling better. Dad's are like Superman to their boys and Superman doesn't get hurt, injured, or sick.

When you see him later, give him a great, big, giant hug. I guarantee you won't regret it and you know what, it'll probably make you feel just a little bit better too!! Have a wonderful day.
**Applause**

Thanks emy, again. After reading that I didn't want to drop Noah off at school-that little man is my life.
As is mine Paul, as is mine. Speaking of which, I've got to go pick mine up from school. Take care and again, great to hear that you're doing so much better.
12/17/2014 2:59 PM
This really turned into a cool thread...good stuff guys :) and get 100 Paul!
12/17/2014 10:26 PM
Looks like Toledo is out, as I'm not qualified. That leaves me with Ohio & Eastern Michigan from my original 3. A few other teams that looked interesting were:

Akron-http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12769.

and

Southern Illinois-http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13019
12/22/2014 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 12
Move to D1:Which Team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.