Have you ever... Topic

...taken over a team and liked how the previous coach had the team setup?  I just spent like 30-60 minutes, colonels19-izing a team...and not that I've taken over many human teams, but I realize that I play a much simpler game than many of my competitors...it doesn't surprise me, but I almost always feel like my tactics are superior.  Seeing practice plans that neglect "potential" is kind of laughable/annoying.  Ok, well that's that.  This also reminds me of how much/why I love this game, because I can play at my simple/base level and still be rather successful...by far the best internet game out there.  Take care guys, can't wait to hear your opinions.
12/17/2014 12:29 AM
sometimes before i leave i intentionally fubar all the settings so the new coach doesn't know how I run things...
12/17/2014 3:13 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 12/17/2014 3:13:00 AM (view original):
sometimes before i leave i intentionally fubar all the settings so the new coach doesn't know how I run things...
Honestly, with some of the settings that I've seen when taking over a team, either a lot of coaches do this or there are a lot of coaches who are basically clueless when it comes to setting their teams up. Unfortunately, I don't think many of these coaches are doing it intentionally. Makes me wonder how they ever won a game, let alone got promoted. And it's not like it's a rare event either, see it all the time.
12/17/2014 5:00 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/17/2014 12:29:00 AM (view original):
...taken over a team and liked how the previous coach had the team setup?  I just spent like 30-60 minutes, colonels19-izing a team...and not that I've taken over many human teams, but I realize that I play a much simpler game than many of my competitors...it doesn't surprise me, but I almost always feel like my tactics are superior.  Seeing practice plans that neglect "potential" is kind of laughable/annoying.  Ok, well that's that.  This also reminds me of how much/why I love this game, because I can play at my simple/base level and still be rather successful...by far the best internet game out there.  Take care guys, can't wait to hear your opinions.
Define "rather successful". What is rather successful in the mind of Colonels19 as it pertains to Hoops Dynasty?
12/17/2014 5:01 AM
I'm glad you all brought this up. Just took over a new team, recruiting isn't til Friday... time to fix the settings. 
12/17/2014 8:43 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 12/17/2014 5:02:00 AM (view original):
Define "rather successful". What is rather successful in the mind of Colonels19 as it pertains to Hoops Dynasty?
I make the NT routinely...I'm not the best coach in the game, but I'd call myself slightly above average.  I'm better than a lot of people think I am.
12/17/2014 10:23 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/17/2014 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 12/17/2014 5:02:00 AM (view original):
I make the NT routinely...I'm not the best coach in the game, but I'd call myself slightly above average.  I'm better than a lot of people think I am.
I agree with that assessment colonels. Just gotta get a NC to shut up the haterz!

I like the job you've done with New Orleans; it's not easy to consistently win at mid-majors these days.
12/18/2014 2:02 AM
Thanks man...being at a D1 mid-major for about a dozen seasons has made me resent how this game is arranged a bit.  There is basically no hope for mid-majors on the grand scale...I will be at New Orleans forever because I'm their only human coach and rather love it there...but mid-majors will never be able to routinely compete with the big 6 conferences, thus I think the baselines and ceilings inhibit HD at the low(er) D1 level...there's almost no reason to (want to) be/stay there, unless you're crazy like me lol.  I always liked in EA Sports NCAA Football when the Ohios and Navys and North Texases would eventually rise to prominence, discarding their low(er) level shells to become elite powerhouses...I just wish it were possible in this game.
12/18/2014 7:41 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 12/18/2014 7:41:00 PM (view original):
Thanks man...being at a D1 mid-major for about a dozen seasons has made me resent how this game is arranged a bit.  There is basically no hope for mid-majors on the grand scale...I will be at New Orleans forever because I'm their only human coach and rather love it there...but mid-majors will never be able to routinely compete with the big 6 conferences, thus I think the baselines and ceilings inhibit HD at the low(er) D1 level...there's almost no reason to (want to) be/stay there, unless you're crazy like me lol.  I always liked in EA Sports NCAA Football when the Ohios and Navys and North Texases would eventually rise to prominence, discarding their low(er) level shells to become elite powerhouses...I just wish it were possible in this game.
Yep. You could be at New Orleans and win 30 straight National Championships, but then miss the national tournament for a few seasons and fall right back down to a B-prestige. DI would be a lot more fun if baseline prestige could change.
12/18/2014 8:42 PM
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 12/18/2014 8:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 12/18/2014 7:41:00 PM (view original):
Yep. You could be at New Orleans and win 30 straight National Championships, but then miss the national tournament for a few seasons and fall right back down to a B-prestige. DI would be a lot more fun if baseline prestige could change.
Heh, Colonels couldn't win 30 straight "division" Championships at New Orleans even if the rest of the conference were nothing but Sim teams that whole time!!

U da man Trev!!!!
12/18/2014 9:35 PM
Lofl
12/18/2014 9:38 PM
Have you ever... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.