Been away from the game for a while...and with recruiting against sims I have read that they do all their effort before recruiting starts. Is this still the case? I'm used to GD recruiting where to save funds you need to beat them off very early with them adding effort every cycle. Thanks in adv.
12/19/2014 6:05 PM
Sims do 2 cycles of recruiting -- once right away before any humans get a chance and then a second wave after signings (somewhere like 24 hours before signings close...someone else might know the exact cycle). The Sim team will not add any effort between those two times, but like any other school will slowly amass consideration credit if they are the only team the recruit is considering after the first 24 hours. That effect is extremely minimal in the overall scheme of things though. 

12/19/2014 10:54 PM
Also, for a sim, the distance is always 200 miles, I believe, even if it's like 2,000 miles. So, just because a sim is far away, their effort is like they are 200 miles away.(I think).
12/19/2014 10:55 PM
Posted by rednu on 12/19/2014 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Sims do 2 cycles of recruiting -- once right away before any humans get a chance and then a second wave after signings (somewhere like 24 hours before signings close...someone else might know the exact cycle). The Sim team will not add any effort between those two times, but like any other school will slowly amass consideration credit if they are the only team the recruit is considering after the first 24 hours. That effect is extremely minimal in the overall scheme of things though. 

Will a SIM add recruiting effort to someone they initially targeted, but hadn't signed yet?  For example, first cycle a SIM goes after a player.  A human team then goes after this player and gets the lead, but its still close enough the player doesn't sign right away.  Will the SIM put in any more effort into a battle during their second action period?
12/19/2014 11:52 PM
Posted by clouseb on 12/19/2014 11:52:00 PM (view original):

Will a SIM add recruiting effort to someone they initially targeted, but hadn't signed yet?  For example, first cycle a SIM goes after a player.  A human team then goes after this player and gets the lead, but its still close enough the player doesn't sign right away.  Will the SIM put in any more effort into a battle during their second action period?
I honestly don't know. Every battle where I've been against a Sim but didn't push the Sim completely off the recruit ended during that key midday cycle the day after signings start (which is before the second Sim activity period). Great question -- I guess I've always assumed that they would, but I've never been part of one that went that deep into the recruiting window to find out. 
12/20/2014 3:25 AM
I just took a recruit from a sim. Got ahead before signings, went back behind after signings started, went back ahead next cycle and never received push back. He signed with me about 4 cycles later. Never an indication they were fighting at all other than right at signings.
12/21/2014 12:56 PM

the official answer from CS is no, but there have been a lot of reports of human coaches losing to sims despite being clearly in the lead prior to signings. the worst part is, these folks never got another scholarship message. these reports started not long after sim recruiting behavior was changed, to recruit a 2nd time around. seble said he specifically looked into those changes and there is nothing there, but too many coaches have reported it to ignore. so i think the best guess i can give is that generally, no, the sims don't come back - but sometimes they do, maybe its unintended behavior, but i think it definitely happens with some regularity. i would probably try to get ahead on WOTS, that seems like a safe enough margin, i believe all the folks who lost were not getting the ahead on the WOTS - if you can do so without too much trouble, that is.
12/21/2014 3:50 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/21/2014 3:50:00 PM (view original):

the official answer from CS is no, but there have been a lot of reports of human coaches losing to sims despite being clearly in the lead prior to signings. the worst part is, these folks never got another scholarship message. these reports started not long after sim recruiting behavior was changed, to recruit a 2nd time around. seble said he specifically looked into those changes and there is nothing there, but too many coaches have reported it to ignore. so i think the best guess i can give is that generally, no, the sims don't come back - but sometimes they do, maybe its unintended behavior, but i think it definitely happens with some regularity. i would probably try to get ahead on WOTS, that seems like a safe enough margin, i believe all the folks who lost were not getting the ahead on the WOTS - if you can do so without too much trouble, that is.
+1. I know that in some cases perception (how you show on the WOTS) is terribly important, but if you riding the fine line just to try to save a buck, you are (maybe, anecdotally, and unofficially) taking a risk...
12/21/2014 4:51 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.