recruiting with a D- prestige at D1 Topic

realistically whats the highest overall i can recruit?
12/28/2014 6:42 PM
Perhaps a 2-star recruit if you're lucky. But focus on potential rather than initial ratings when you're a D- prestige school, it'll pay off.
12/28/2014 9:00 PM
What car said, but if you have a guy close it's possible you could get some stars.  You might be able to recruit 80 and higher, but definitely worry more about potential and what they will be in 3 or 4 years.  You're really hamstrung with such a low prestige, and if you have a guy close that's good you might have to battle, but it's definitely possible to make progress every year and by the time your first class graduates be C+/B-
12/28/2014 9:05 PM
Be careful not to recruit any players that D2 coaches feel like they should get. They get really upset.
12/28/2014 10:24 PM
Posted by tannermcc on 12/28/2014 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Be careful not to recruit any players that D2 coaches feel like they should get. They get really upset.
this made me LOL, i dont understand coaches somedays
12/28/2014 10:51 PM
Haha yes sometimes it makes you feel like you are underrecruiting but I recruited over a D2 school for several players on my Princeton roster.
12/28/2014 11:49 PM
when I was a D+ at VaTech (and Loyola MD) I pretty much ignored anybody rated higher than 50 at their postion.  Like Car said just con centrate on lots of BLUES and let them develope.  With a D school its about the future so start 'em and see what happens
12/29/2014 4:33 PM
thanks for the feed back guys
12/29/2014 7:37 PM
If you find yourself battling for D2 recruits maybe you should aim higher.
12/29/2014 11:26 PM
Posted by mullycj on 12/29/2014 11:26:00 PM (view original):
If you find yourself battling for D2 recruits maybe you should aim higher.
Was just about to write, that regardless of the jokes above, if you're at a D1 school and find yourself "consistently" battling D2 schools for recruits, that's a pretty damn good sign that you're aiming too low.
12/29/2014 11:36 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 12/28/2014 10:51:00 PM (view original):
I know right, I mean what kind of coach at a BCS school (even if it is a C- prestige), recruits unranked guards whose overall ratings start out at 490 and below? Even a C- prestige school can do far, far better than that.

To beat all, that school had six open schollies, so they could have EASILY scouted the entire country and still had PLENTY of money to fill all their schollies if they chose to. And with FAR better players than what they got, I can assure you of that. That was newbie coach level recruiting.
12/29/2014 11:50 PM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 12/29/2014 11:50:00 PM (view original):
I know right, I mean what kind of coach at a BCS school (even if it is a C- prestige), recruits unranked guards whose overall ratings start out at 490 and below? Even a C- prestige school can do far, far better than that.

To beat all, that school had six open schollies, so they could have EASILY scouted the entire country and still had PLENTY of money to fill all their schollies if they chose to. And with FAR better players than what they got, I can assure you of that. That was newbie coach level recruiting.
I'm assuming you meant to say even a D- prestige school can do far better than that. So, I ask, do you think I should not have recruited these players who were all unranked recruits?

Charles Bates
Gerald Myles
Donald Cissell

Perhaps they're not world-beaters, but they are a heck of a lot better than plenty of recruits I see getting signed by many B-prestige schools in Big 6 conferences. And I signed them for pennies. Recruit the players who you think fit your team and ignore the rankings and overall ratings.
12/30/2014 1:44 AM
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 12/30/2014 1:44:00 AM (view original):

I'm assuming you meant to say even a D- prestige school can do far better than that. So, I ask, do you think I should not have recruited these players who were all unranked recruits?

Charles Bates
Gerald Myles
Donald Cissell

Perhaps they're not world-beaters, but they are a heck of a lot better than plenty of recruits I see getting signed by many B-prestige schools in Big 6 conferences. And I signed them for pennies. Recruit the players who you think fit your team and ignore the rankings and overall ratings.
I prefer what emy says you shouldnt be going after these guys...says the guy that wanted Bates, Myles, and Phipps on your roster. 
12/30/2014 12:43 PM
Bates and Myles are really good D2 players.  Cissells show up on a lot of D2 rosters.
12/30/2014 1:24 PM
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 12/30/2014 1:44:00 AM (view original):

Charles Bates
Gerald Myles
Donald Cissell

^This... Clearly you've had pretty good success and those are all solid D-I guys at that level so i mean, who's to judge..
12/30/2014 2:56 PM
12 Next ▸
recruiting with a D- prestige at D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.