Effects of running a + defense Topic

Obviously, running a + defense should affect the open looks from the perimeter...but does it also have the potential to create more turnovers in the backcourt?  These are the questions that I think of when watching old college games on YouTube.
1/9/2015 9:54 PM
And by limiting perimeter shots it indirectly increases interior shots. Maybe? Also, I know going " - " increases fouls for the interior defenders so I assume going " + " increases perimeter fouls. I'd like a metric on that since there may be a small coding chance that going " + " actually lowers total fouls. Oh! Oh! Is there a measurement someone has out there that shows the difference in fouls? For ex. We all agree going  -5 will ramp up the fouls but is it only the interior defenders and what is the affect on total fouls overall?

I like basketball. Boring short story follows:

So Gonzaga is the team I've followed 35 years or so. A couple of years ago I saw where the zags recruited a big pole who is a big Pole, Przem&C* Karnowski (exscuse my spelling). ESPN a few late late nites later had a High School USA all star team vs World team and the polish kid was getting minutes as the backup world team C. He played fine but the thing I noticed was he was the youngest of all at 17. His best plays were an over the shoulder pass behind him from under the hoop out to an open team mate behind the arc. He also did a behind his back, and his defenders back, bounce pass to a cutter for a layin. I remember thinking "Hmmm, when he is a junior I could see him kicking it out to an open Gary Bell Jr or Pangos." Now he is a junior and over the last 6 or 7 games the announcers have at least one moment where they rave about how well he sees the court and what an amazing assist that was.
   Not saying he is Bill Walton or even Kevin Love but I have enjoyed seeing the growth and the potential being realized. That is one reason why I like basketball.  
1/10/2015 12:41 AM
Effects of running a + defense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.