Accept & Rejected Home Visits??? Topic

Soooo, I finally get a recruit to consider me because he was "very solidly" considering a sim team from the start. The first cycle after I showed up on his list, I sent him a home vist, guaranteed minutes, a home visit, and a home visit...all individually, in that order, and in the same cycle. Here is what happened according to the recruit history tab...accepted home visit, rejected minutes, rejected home visit, accepted home visit...all in the exact same cycle.

Had anybody seen this before?
1/20/2015 11:37 PM
yes
1/21/2015 8:03 AM
He will never accept minutes from you unless you are winning. The fact that another team is ahead on him will also decrease the chances he takes a home visit.

So yes that is normal.
1/21/2015 8:27 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 1/21/2015 8:27:00 AM (view original):
He will never accept minutes from you unless you are winning. The fact that another team is ahead on him will also decrease the chances he takes a home visit.

So yes that is normal.
Thanks, starting from so far behind was a very rare recruiting circumstance for me since I've only played DII and DIII. I'll definitely tuck this info away in my filling cabinet.
1/22/2015 1:35 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 1/21/2015 8:27:00 AM (view original):

So yes that is normal.
You sure about that, jsajsa?  I'm pretty sure I've gotten recruits to accept minutes when trailing.
1/22/2015 1:51 PM
Definitely will accept minutes with when trailing.  Can't be way way behind though.
1/22/2015 5:54 PM
It could be possible if you are close he will accept it. I would assume he will still reject it a good percentage of the time unless you are winning - definitely a better chance of the home visit being accepted over the minutes being accepted.
1/22/2015 6:22 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 1/22/2015 6:22:00 PM (view original):
It could be possible if you are close he will accept it. I would assume he will still reject it a good percentage of the time unless you are winning - definitely a better chance of the home visit being accepted over the minutes being accepted.
I've definitely had recruits accept minutes from me even though I was slightly behind. I took your comments from the point of view of being very far behind, which I was at that time.
1/24/2015 12:56 AM
Attention Deficit Order rating is probably high.
1/24/2015 4:20 AM
I'm currently recruiting in D3 IBA with a "B" prestige and have had two recruits reject home visits already - this hasn't happened to me before is it simply a case of my list of potentials being higher quality? What good is prestige if I can't even go talk to their mama's?
1/25/2015 11:18 AM
fanon, are those players that rejected the home visits listed on the D2 board?  you may have to pull them down first.  I think in almost all cases those listed on your d3 board will accept your HVs.  except, of course, when they are pretty tight with a sim - as was mentioned above.
1/26/2015 4:49 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/20/2015 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Soooo, I finally get a recruit to consider me because he was "very solidly" considering a sim team from the start. The first cycle after I showed up on his list, I sent him a home vist, guaranteed minutes, a home visit, and a home visit...all individually, in that order, and in the same cycle. Here is what happened according to the recruit history tab...accepted home visit, rejected minutes, rejected home visit, accepted home visit...all in the exact same cycle.

Recruiting actions submitted for a given period are processed from small to large, not in order of submission. So actions such as phone calls and letters are handled first, and then working up through scouting trips, home visits, and campus visits. Promised minutes are processed between the smaller actions (letters/calls) and the larger ones (visits). 

So....
1. it doesn't matter what order you submitted your efforts.
2. you would not have received credit for the accepted HV when the promised minutes were processed; so when they were processed, you were still way behind.
3. i'm still scratching my head why 1 of the HV's would be rejected. 
1/26/2015 6:42 PM
brianxavier, both were on the D3 board. I haven't even looked at D2. Both aren't considering anybody else. What gives?
1/27/2015 12:20 AM
Posted by jtt8355 on 1/26/2015 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/20/2015 11:37:00 PM (view original):

Recruiting actions submitted for a given period are processed from small to large, not in order of submission. So actions such as phone calls and letters are handled first, and then working up through scouting trips, home visits, and campus visits. Promised minutes are processed between the smaller actions (letters/calls) and the larger ones (visits). 

So....
1. it doesn't matter what order you submitted your efforts.
2. you would not have received credit for the accepted HV when the promised minutes were processed; so when they were processed, you were still way behind.
3. i'm still scratching my head why 1 of the HV's would be rejected. 
Thanks for that clarification, much appreciated. I knew recruiting actions weren't proceed in the exact order in which they were placed, but I wasn't sure precisely how it was handled.
1/27/2015 3:09 PM
Posted by fanon on 1/27/2015 12:20:00 AM (view original):
brianxavier, both were on the D3 board. I haven't even looked at D2. Both aren't considering anybody else. What gives?
that is indeed strange.  but it's probably not entirely unheard of, when I think about it.  I have had guys "drop down" and then play hard to get.  Others might need to chime in, but it might be random acceptance/non-acceptance of the HV for some recruits. 

For example, I was trying to grab a guy for my Seton Hall team this Iba period and he was accepting some HVs and not accepting some HV all in the same cycle - but the difference was he was considering another school (a sim in this case).  Anyhow, it's a good idea to submit 1-2 HV at a time in cases like this (even in the same cycle) - and sometimes they will be accepted or rejected.  Or you can provide effort that can't be rejected to butter them up (SVs and Letters) and make them more inclined to accept HVs and CVs.

1/27/2015 4:26 PM
12 Next ▸
Accept & Rejected Home Visits??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.