fastbreak distro Topic

any thoughts on distro settings when runing the fastbreak offense?
1/23/2015 11:31 PM
ill give u insight on what i tend to do.. 
usually always give more to upperclassman , iq seems very important in fastbreak but isnt everything either.

bigs seem to have a harder time getting touches so i tend to have my best big scorer at say 20-25 and my best per shooter at max of 15 most times as they will chuck alot of 3's if u have +1 or +2 which is neccassry for 80+ per shooters.  
i also tend to have alot of balance most are around 10 proably for a average scoring player + or - depending on how good a scorer he is and how well he is shooting on the season dont forget to keep a eye on how each player is doing and adjust accordingly to find your desire results.
1/24/2015 12:56 PM
Remember that if you have a good, athletic player with BH and lp ... He can collect free throws like there is no tomorrow in a break.
1/24/2015 2:20 PM
you can run a balanced offense in FB but its a bad idea if you don't have a balance of talent. FB is the most flexible of the offenses when it comes to distro and also how you want to score, so definitely play to your team. if a guy is killer, don't hesitate to give him 20ppg.
1/25/2015 11:06 AM
I tend to stay away from any one player from taking too many shots as it zaps their stamina in the fastbreak offense. I tend to go with a balanced approach in that type of offense. 
1/26/2015 4:21 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 1/26/2015 4:21:00 AM (view original):
I tend to stay away from any one player from taking too many shots as it zaps their stamina in the fastbreak offense. I tend to go with a balanced approach in that type of offense. 
i've never experienced that myself, and have had many 20ppg players in the FB offense. if there is a correlation between shooting and fatigue, it seems to be a very small one. 
1/26/2015 10:25 AM
wizard if u run press try man to man your better players can also play more minutes ive seen alot of my stud guys with good stamina avg 28-30 mins a good at fairly fresh setting i really like it and have good success now 
1/26/2015 5:34 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/25/2015 11:06:00 AM (view original):
you can run a balanced offense in FB but its a bad idea if you don't have a balance of talent. FB is the most flexible of the offenses when it comes to distro and also how you want to score, so definitely play to your team. if a guy is killer, don't hesitate to give him 20ppg.
Do you ever recommend setting a players 3 point shooting to +2 in the fastbreak?  Can you predict how many more 3's will be taken over the course of a season playing someone at +2 vs +1?  And will this increase in 3's taken come as a result of more overall shots, or a higher percentage of shots taken being 3's?
1/26/2015 5:52 PM
As a general rule of thumb i put elite shooters 85+ per at +2 , if they also have a solid lp though you may want +1 with a higher distro  than say +2 and a lower distro ....at +2 he will chuck alot ,so you may only need 10 or 14 on distro  , again adjust according to how the player is performing , lower a couple if struggling with % or increase if higher like .500+ .

1/26/2015 8:07 PM
Posted by jack_package on 1/26/2015 5:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/25/2015 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Do you ever recommend setting a players 3 point shooting to +2 in the fastbreak?  Can you predict how many more 3's will be taken over the course of a season playing someone at +2 vs +1?  And will this increase in 3's taken come as a result of more overall shots, or a higher percentage of shots taken being 3's?
the +/- for 3pta does not affect fga - it only affects the % of shots taken that will be 3s. there may be some incidental impact on fga through indirect effects, for example, maybe fga goes up because of a lower rate of getting fouled when you take 3s or something - i don't mean to exclude those types of indirect effects - but directly, +/- is only meant to impact the % of fga that are 3pta. 

how many more 3s will be taken at +2 than +1 depends on the position. generally, a +2 player takes almost all 3s, its probably a good 20, 25% higher, the 3pta as a % fga, in +2, than +1, but that will definitely vary by position and also the player's ratings (particularly lp and per).

i would recommend on some occasions, playing players at +2 in fb, just like i would for any offense. it is particularly appropriate for teams that need a 3pta lift, with a player with high per but crap lp and/or ft%. it depends what division you are talking about, how often i'd d it - in d1, most elite guards have good lp to complement their good per scoring ratings (per/spd/bh). for those guys, i tend to prefer 0 and +1, but you still get the guy who comes in with 8 lp and a c- ft, and those guys can really improve by not taking 2s. it definitely depends on your team needs as well, if you've got a strong per shooter, on a team without much per shooting, its often strategically important to get as many 3pta as you can out of your 1-2 per scorers. 
1/27/2015 12:24 PM
Maybe you can afford to give a guy a higher distro in the fastbreak because a smaller percentage of shots came in the half-court offense, and the penalties for over-distribution to a guy are a function of number of shots he takes in the half-court offense as a fraction of total team shots from all sets.  So 20ppg in the fastbreak is really like 15 ppg halfcourt and 5 ppg fastbreak or something like that.  
1/29/2015 11:54 PM
Do you agree with this distro setup? http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=6439
Campbell 12, Rodrigues 10, Wells 10, Nelson 8, Powell 7, Jeffery 5, Luckett 5, Conoway 5.
1/30/2015 9:56 AM
Basically i try to get mine as close to 100 as possible.. 
so with that being said no i dont agree with that..
campbell should be higher in the 20-25 range most likely, rod in the 15-20 range wells in the 10-15 range and rest around 8 or so and adjust accordingly after a few games after u see how guys are performing . but thats just what i would do, im not the best coach i havent won no nothing yet. lol but i do have 2 big ten d 1 teams (dif worlds obv.)  that are on the up and up. or so i think haha.
1/30/2015 1:50 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 1/30/2015 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Basically i try to get mine as close to 100 as possible.. 
so with that being said no i dont agree with that..
campbell should be higher in the 20-25 range most likely, rod in the 15-20 range wells in the 10-15 range and rest around 8 or so and adjust accordingly after a few games after u see how guys are performing . but thats just what i would do, im not the best coach i havent won no nothing yet. lol but i do have 2 big ten d 1 teams (dif worlds obv.)  that are on the up and up. or so i think haha.
TY crzy. I think I got a good team off wise and don't want to screw it up.
1/30/2015 2:37 PM
I would jack conoway way up like 30-40 and Campbell up there also
2/5/2015 8:18 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
fastbreak distro Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.