Revoking a Scholarship Topic

Hello everyone, 

I just took over my dream job at a D-1 School. Would it be a good idea to let some guys go since there are no open scholarships to be able to actually get in some of my recruits in year 1 or stick with the sims recruited players. A big question for me is the recruiting monies. I have been thinking of only letting 2 guys go, because they are really poor defensively and I would not want to even put them on the court. 

Here are the guys:

Player 1 

Player 2

Player 3

With this since I have no open scholarships at this time would I benefit or hurt my opportunity to actually recruit quality players in their spots, basically would I have the money to actually recruit someone. I would probably attempt to get some one of really high quality to come in and play right away. But I don't think I want to take many walk ons if any at the point. 
1/24/2015 9:14 AM
You won't get any recruiting money for the guys you cut.  You'll only have the money the conference took in from post-season play to recruit with this year.  You could still cut a couple of guys that are dead weight and take walk-ons so you'll have more than 3 openings next season and a bigger budget to recruit with then.
1/24/2015 9:35 AM
You can rescind this year and get money the next year. Honestly, I think PLAYER 1, PLAYER 2 would not even be playing on a DIII team... PLAYER 3 is not good at all. It dépends on their blues... Are they high-high at ATH, SPEED, DEF... I don't know.
1/24/2015 9:52 AM
zorcii, 

I put those 3 players on their because they have RED or BLACK in Ath, Def, and Speed. They really would not play on my D-2 team that I was at last season. They were recruited by the Sim last year and are absolute garbage. There is more garbage on the team than these 3 players but I can live with the other garbage for a season or two while I rebuild. I am just hoping to get some money to replace who I end up getting rid of. I think so far Player 3 is probably the worse for ware and going to get cut, my problem is should I just cut them all lose or cut 1-2 of them and focus on getting 1 high quality recruit rather than 3 decent recruits. 
1/24/2015 11:19 AM
Cut them.......
1/24/2015 11:29 AM
cut em all.
1/24/2015 11:49 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will need to look at my recruiting budget and see if I can replace those guys with at least someone decent instead of more garbage. 
1/24/2015 12:03 PM
Get 1 year players, I would not get anything with your recruiting budget. Next year, you get full recruiting money after you cut them. I'd rather have walk ons for the first year or 1 year so I can start building in a year.
1/24/2015 12:22 PM
That makes sense zorzii - so you are saying that you would cut them all and attempt to pick up transfers or players with 1 year eligibility to start with or walkons and use the scholarships I will get next season.
1/24/2015 12:33 PM
Yep. One year player, you can find in DII and you get a edge... Try and find 1 year that know your offensive and defensive schemes or get 1 year in D1 that nobody wants. Do put yourself in a bidding war. The most important, IMO, is that you get full money next year to get three freshmen.
1/24/2015 12:45 PM
If it were me I would also cut all three and do my best to replace at least one this upcoming year, I think you can take two walk ons next year with out it hurting you much long term. I would then use that money for your 3 senior class to try and get the best guys you can.
1/24/2015 1:48 PM
Just want to let you all know that I will have 3 open scholarships next year at least which would put me at a max 6 open depending on how many I can fill with 1 or get a 4 year guy from one of the 3 I revoke. 
1/24/2015 2:28 PM
cut them and take walkons if you have to. walkons now = $ next season. these players just = **** forever...
1/24/2015 2:32 PM
Get out the chainsaw and start cuttin'
1/24/2015 2:34 PM
My next question is when can I start cutting players?
1/24/2015 4:17 PM
12 Next ▸
Revoking a Scholarship Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.