How much is the considering credit worth? Topic

recent recruiting is making me change the way I think of the considering credit. How many HV is it worth?
1/28/2015 6:43 PM
$7.99
1/28/2015 6:45 PM
nice.     

1/28/2015 7:25 PM
In my experience it doesn't equate to HV's at all. Of course, it depends on how long the consideration credit is accumulated but it think it's impact is similiar to that of Guaranteed Minutes or a Guaranteed start. I just don't think it carries a value similar to an HV. Now if the question was, "Can consideration credit be overcome by an HV?" I would say yes.
1/28/2015 8:31 PM
Posted by coachvegas44 on 1/28/2015 8:31:00 PM (view original):
In my experience it doesn't equate to HV's at all. Of course, it depends on how long the consideration credit is accumulated but it think it's impact is similiar to that of Guaranteed Minutes or a Guaranteed start. I just don't think it carries a value similar to an HV. Now if the question was, "Can consideration credit be overcome by an HV?" I would say yes.
Perhaps this is the case at D3 where coaches are putting relatively small efforts into recruits before the signing period, but I've always been under the impression that it can carry a lot of weight at D1 if a coach throws 30-40 HVs at a recruit before CC begins to accumulate. 
1/28/2015 8:44 PM
I should have qualified myself. I don't have information at the D1 level. My comments were applicable to D2 where all my experience is. You didn't make it clear your question was only for D1. Sorry about that.
1/29/2015 11:19 AM
im not sure that i am right... but i have always thought of it as a multiplier.

im really not sure what that multiplier is:  but lets assume for example that it is 1.10   (10% advantage)
so, if you have 3 HV worth of effort in,  it might only be worth 0.3 HV
but if you have 30 HV worth of effort in, it might be worth 3.0 HV

i will say that up until recently i was under the impression it was a very small almost insignificant factor (at least in d3 and d2)
 then, in a huge battle in d3 (i think we both spent near or more than $10K on a local recruit)   i ended up feeling it was significant,
 i won the battle, but had to spend more than i thought i should have. 
based off that battle,  if this thing is a multiplier,  i feel that it is at least  1.10,  maybe even as high as 1.20

and, i think that all of your efforts get that multiplier,  not just those efforts that occured early on.

this theory would seem to account for the fact that it usually seems insignificant at d3 and even d2,  where huge numbers of HVs are not likely, as opposed to d1 where the increased dollars could allow for  50 or 100 or even several hundred HVs.

again, take that all with a grain of salt,  i could be dead wrong.  it woudnt be the first time.
1/29/2015 12:02 PM
This is what I am leaning towards oldave.
1/29/2015 12:42 PM
I agree with Dave as well, I think it closer to 10 than 20% though.
1/30/2015 8:02 PM
How much is the considering credit worth? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.