User(Coach) Polls Topic

Would you like User Top 25 polls?

It could be done in a variety of ways:

After certain sections of the season USERS can submit a poll and then its shown.  No impact on the game just a "window dresser"

Can be done:

Preseason
End of Non-Conf
Midway of Conf Play.
End of Conf. Play
End of CT
End of NT

or just a smaller selection like
Preseason
End of non-conf
midway through conf play
end of CT

As well as including user voting for conf awards.  so if a conf. has 6 or more coaches conf awards can be voted by user coaches for poy, coy, and 1st team to keep it simple.  no prize just window dressing and discussion for active conferences.

Votes: 45
(Last vote received: 2/10/2015 1:33 PM)
2/5/2015 10:24 PM (edited)
Just have it so that if a team doesn't vote, it's vote is assigned using the current computer top 25 methodology.
2/5/2015 10:44 PM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 2/5/2015 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Just have it so that if a team doesn't vote, it's vote is assigned using the current computer top 25 methodology.
there could be a set minimum of coaches needed so if 28 coaches vote the first time and only 22 vote the next one, the 6 votes just don't count and not turned into a computer vote.  however if say the min needed is 10 coaches and only 8 coaches vote add in 2 votes using current methodology
2/5/2015 11:42 PM
Maybe a conference vote for odd # games with the winners voting nationally even # games. If your gonna do it why not make it goofy!
2/6/2015 1:24 AM
The conference awards are voting on by every conference, regardless of number of users. If a team doesn't vote or is a SIM, just stick to how the computer votes now.
2/6/2015 1:51 AM
I'd like to see WIS list more than the top 25 teams in a division for team ratings. If I'm doing a preseason poll, I have to base it somewhat on those ratings.

What do you feel is important in your rankings?

To me, there should be different things to consider: prestige/coach/previous history at a school, team ratings for defense/ath/speed, # of upperclassmen. I'm sure there are plenty of other things (IQs perhaps, conference, etc), but I'd need more than a list of 25 teams to make a rankings list of 25 teams so I can find some teams that don't have great numbers, but a coach who can squeeze out more wins.
2/7/2015 9:11 PM
User(Coach) Polls Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.