Important Announcement Topic

They did a poor job of linking to it as the link just dumps you into the main forums. www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

From Admin:
For a while now, we've been working on upgrading some of the technology we use for the site.  While this doesn't always provide tangible benefits to you, it does allow us to more easily update things going forward.  As part of this process, we'll be releasing some updates on Wednesday, February 11th related to purchasing seasons.  

The most important thing to know is that starting Tuesday evening at 10pm ET, you won't be able to make purchases. Purchasing will re-open the next day (Wednesday). For Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty users, please make sure you have seasons already purchased by Tuesday evening to avoid losing teams.

This release will not affect normal operations of any of the games, so no games will need to be pushed back or anything like that.  So this should only affect you if you need to purchase seasons.

For Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty, we'll also be releasing an update related to how available seasons are handled for multiple worlds.  Currently, when you purchase seasons, they are assigned to a specific world.  After the release, seasons will be put in a common pool (like Hardball Dynasty), and you'll be able to use them for any world you'd like.  For each world that you're in, you'll also be able to configure whether you want to have the system automatically renew your team from your season pool, or whether you'd like to do it manually (which you may do at any time).  This will make it much easier to join a new world with existing seasons, and you won't have to worry about moving seasons between worlds.

We have some other behind-the-scenes upgrades in progress as well, but our plan is to put a renewed focus on actual game updates very soon.  We greatly appreciate your patience.
2/6/2015 5:10 PM
Meh, doesn't look that important to me.
2/6/2015 6:30 PM
Yeah it'll be nice to have but it gave me false hope on a update for HD
2/6/2015 7:53 PM
The last sentence is kinda vague but maybe good.
2/6/2015 8:32 PM
They should define very soon.  That could be within a few weeks or several months...
2/6/2015 8:37 PM
I have heard that they finished up some other projects and may be able to but some work in on the game so to see that in a post is encouraging.
2/6/2015 8:39 PM
its important for folks who could lose a team over the inability to make a purchase... does any world's renewal deadline fall in that window? 

2/6/2015 9:11 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 2/6/2015 9:11:00 PM (view original):
its important for folks who could lose a team over the inability to make a purchase... does any world's renewal deadline fall in that window? 

Rupp's deadline is 2/12
2/6/2015 10:31 PM
Still waiting for that mobile app!
2/7/2015 2:42 AM
an update that fixes a problem that wasnt much of a problem
2/7/2015 3:59 AM
Thanks stinenavy, they did do a very poor job with the link
2/7/2015 8:54 AM
Thanks stinenavy.
2/7/2015 11:48 AM
I can't think of a more pointless update...
2/7/2015 3:10 PM
can someone clear this up for me its a little confusing, to join a world would I still have to purchase new seasons or would I now be able to use seasons I already have?  if so that would be great, i can join all the other worlds I'm not in, as I already have enough seasons at the moment.
2/7/2015 4:31 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 2/7/2015 4:32:00 PM (view original):
can someone clear this up for me its a little confusing, to join a world would I still have to purchase new seasons or would I now be able to use seasons I already have?  if so that would be great, i can join all the other worlds I'm not in, as I already have enough seasons at the moment.
it sounds like you will be able to join new worlds from your existing season pool, which is about the only really end user thing that is really any better than what happened before...but somehow I imagine this improves back end things in some way which is its primary purpose
2/7/2015 6:23 PM
123 Next ▸
Important Announcement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.