You Know Recruiting has Gone Poorly When... Topic

You know recruiting has gone poorly when you are guaranteeing starts to knock off a sim on guys you would normally not touch with a ten foot pole.
2/20/2015 3:14 PM
yea - at that point it's best to just call it a cycle, take the walkons and get the cash for the next season
2/20/2015 4:15 PM
Or when you use your last couple hundred dollars to just send calls to players because you want to see how they grow in the offseason and don't want to search for them.....
2/21/2015 8:26 PM
Or, when your team in Maryland has to sign a 'leftover' PG from California
2/22/2015 5:07 AM
When you are excited about one of your new players, then can't figure out how you missed the fact that his WE is 8.  (Yes, this happened to me once.)
2/23/2015 9:53 AM
Posted by davis on 2/23/2015 9:53:00 AM (view original):
When you are excited about one of your new players, then can't figure out how you missed the fact that his WE is 8.  (Yes, this happened to me once.)
That has happened to me.... twice..... in one class.... 
2/23/2015 1:49 PM
Relly gate that. Of course, the guy still was a useful piece, but still. Depressing to see all of that blue enext to. Low we.
2/23/2015 2:44 PM
Posted by davis on 2/23/2015 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Check out my Grove City team. I recruited 2 solid centers with very good potential only to find out their work ethic was 2 < after they signed.....it happened in consecutive years (Melchior and Dingess). I'll probably cut both next off season so we'll be very weak in the post in a couple of years.
2/23/2015 6:31 PM
Easiest way to avoid this: When searching for players to recruit, use the skills filters and set one to work ethic > X, where X is the minimum work ethic you're willing to accept in a potential recruit.
2/24/2015 9:40 PM
You Know Recruiting has Gone Poorly When... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.