Renewed v. Not Renewed Topic

Hey gentlemen,

Does renewing a/your team in a world make you any more or less viable to get a D1 job?  Say I decide not to renew my current team, but will still look to chase D1 jobs, does that make me less prone to get a D1 job or does it not matter.  What do you think?  Interested in opinions here.

2/27/2015 10:50 PM
I think less. After I have dropped a team, and the world has started a new season, I have not been able to qualify for my old job in several cases.
2/28/2015 12:28 AM
neither. it used to be the case that after 5 seasons, you could get way better jobs, but i think seble closed that. outside of that, your employment status has no bearing on the jobs you are able to get.
2/28/2015 8:08 AM
I've heard of coaches before who lost their job for forgetting to renew and couldn't even get their last job back.  I'll go with chapelhillne, although these two scenarios might be unrelated
2/28/2015 10:47 AM
I think they are unrelated.  You got the job that you can not get now (after you forget to renew) when you applied for it and your resume was at that point in time.  In many cases, it takes some time at a new team to get them going in the right direction.  If you forget to renew, then your current resume will be used .. that can be worse than your original resume, and likely is for the first several seasons of a rebuild.
2/28/2015 11:07 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 2/28/2015 11:07:00 AM (view original):
I think they are unrelated.  You got the job that you can not get now (after you forget to renew) when you applied for it and your resume was at that point in time.  In many cases, it takes some time at a new team to get them going in the right direction.  If you forget to renew, then your current resume will be used .. that can be worse than your original resume, and likely is for the first several seasons of a rebuild.
this is correct. you not being able to get a job you have now means nothing except that your resume and/or the job itself have changed. i think we know for sure that your status (having a team or not) is not a factor, except for that one bug i mentioned earlier (which i think is gone now?). i don't think it's just my opinion. 
3/4/2015 10:11 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/4/2015 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 2/28/2015 11:07:00 AM (view original):
this is correct. you not being able to get a job you have now means nothing except that your resume and/or the job itself have changed. i think we know for sure that your status (having a team or not) is not a factor, except for that one bug i mentioned earlier (which i think is gone now?). i don't think it's just my opinion. 
and/or that the job logic is dumb. 

But I don't think this is unusual. I took ETSU from D- prestige to the Sweet Sixteen in Knight before moving up to an SEC school. I'm no longer qualified for the ETSU job. I know I did have one bad season at said SEC school, but I really don't think this has anything to do with renewal, I think it has to do with the job logic being absurd. 
3/4/2015 12:31 PM
Renewed v. Not Renewed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.