NCAA Tourney: Kentucky or The Field? Topic

by the way,
lunardi can kiss my grits if he thinks the eers are only a 6seed
3/3/2015 10:58 PM
Posted by oldave on 3/3/2015 10:55:00 PM (view original):
anyone care to change thier wager?  ;-)
Haters gonna hate.

Upsets happen on the tournament when superstars slump or get in foul trouble or the team has a bad shooting night. Kentucky has too many superstars and their defense is amazing which will cover up for any bad shooting night.
3/3/2015 11:28 PM
Posted by oldave on 3/3/2015 10:57:00 PM (view original):
youre welcome bigblueballnation,  i probly just jinxed the dawgs.
Thanks dave .. we need you around during the NCAA Tourney too
3/4/2015 12:32 AM

I think Georgia did show a good formula for a future possible upset.  Play Zone, and make Kentucky take more 3’s than they want.  Try to make Kentucky’s big men have an off night shooting (because for as many 7 footers or almost 7 footers that they have, they sure do miss a lot of layups).  And offensively, the upset-minded offense has to have a phenomenal shooting %.

It still didn’t get Georgia the win they wanted.  Kentucky has what those great teams have, even down 9 with less than 10 minutes remaining, they were able to turn on the “win” switch and turn things around.

3/4/2015 10:23 AM
Posted by skinndogg on 3/4/2015 10:23:00 AM (view original):

I think Georgia did show a good formula for a future possible upset.  Play Zone, and make Kentucky take more 3’s than they want.  Try to make Kentucky’s big men have an off night shooting (because for as many 7 footers or almost 7 footers that they have, they sure do miss a lot of layups).  And offensively, the upset-minded offense has to have a phenomenal shooting %.

It still didn’t get Georgia the win they wanted.  Kentucky has what those great teams have, even down 9 with less than 10 minutes remaining, they were able to turn on the “win” switch and turn things around.

They also spread Kentucky out when Georgia was on Offense, with the Bigs guarding outside the paint and were then able to drive into the paint and score with smaller players.

It was a very good game plan by Georgia.

3/4/2015 11:58 AM
Posted by skinndogg on 3/4/2015 10:23:00 AM (view original):

See WVU's win over Kentucky to go to the Final 4 in 2010. That UK team featured DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Darius Miller on the inside. John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Liggins at guard. Kentucky shot 4-32 from 3-point range (one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen).
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=201003270292

You look at that lineup now and say "How could they have lost?" It happens.

3/4/2015 12:17 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 3/3/2015 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Haters gonna hate.

Upsets happen on the tournament when superstars slump or get in foul trouble or the team has a bad shooting night. Kentucky has too many superstars and their defense is amazing which will cover up for any bad shooting night.
Cheaters gonna cheat
3/4/2015 1:57 PM
Cheating is a pretty lousy reason to cheer against a team.  If that is your standard you aren't going to have very many teams left to support.
3/4/2015 2:31 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 3/4/2015 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Haters gonna hate.

Cheaters gonna cheat
terps, many programs, including Kentucky, have been guilty of 'cheating' in the past; that's no proof they still are.  
I assume you're a Maryland fan?  Are you old enough to remember this?

“The Maryland men's basketball program was banned from postseason play in 1991 and 1992 and placed on three years' probation by the NCAA on Monday for major violations that occured during the three-year tenure of Coach Bob Wade.

Maryland was cited for a lack of institutional control over the program, which was found guilty of 18 rules violations

The sanctions are Maryland's punishment for violations that included providing recruits with free clothing, providing a car for a student-athlete and the sale of complimentary ACC tournament tickets.

The most serious violations committed by Wade were providing a leased car, making cash payments and giving rides to former Terrapin guard Rudy Archer, who played the 1987-88 season at Maryland; and giving free or greatly discounted clothing to Alonzo Mourning and Brian Williams while they were being recruited.

Wade was also found guilty of providing false information to investigators, and assistant coach Jeff Adkins was found guilty of selling complimentary tickets for players to the 1988 ACC tournament."

Maryland was also found guilty of major or secondary violations in 2000, 2003, 2011, and 2013.   I guess
'Cheaters gonna cheat."

3/4/2015 2:49 PM (edited)
"Nine out of 10 schools are cheating.  The other one is in last place."
3/4/2015 8:22 PM
Posted by plane129 on 3/4/2015 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 3/4/2015 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Haters gonna hate.

Cheaters gonna cheat
terps, many programs, including Kentucky, have been guilty of 'cheating' in the past; that's no proof they still are.  
I assume you're a Maryland fan?  Are you old enough to remember this?

“The Maryland men's basketball program was banned from postseason play in 1991 and 1992 and placed on three years' probation by the NCAA on Monday for major violations that occured during the three-year tenure of Coach Bob Wade.

Maryland was cited for a lack of institutional control over the program, which was found guilty of 18 rules violations

The sanctions are Maryland's punishment for violations that included providing recruits with free clothing, providing a car for a student-athlete and the sale of complimentary ACC tournament tickets.

The most serious violations committed by Wade were providing a leased car, making cash payments and giving rides to former Terrapin guard Rudy Archer, who played the 1987-88 season at Maryland; and giving free or greatly discounted clothing to Alonzo Mourning and Brian Williams while they were being recruited.

Wade was also found guilty of providing false information to investigators, and assistant coach Jeff Adkins was found guilty of selling complimentary tickets for players to the 1988 ACC tournament."

Maryland was also found guilty of major or secondary violations in 2000, 2003, 2011, and 2013.   I guess
'Cheaters gonna cheat."

You're absolutely right about maryland cheating under Wade. When Williams took over program was in shambles. Give me proof of 2011 and 2013 cause I don't believe you. Williams never went AAU and never bought recruits. Those violations couldn't of been that bad because they were never on probation. Every school calipari left was found guilty because of him and put on probation. Prove Duke cheats in getting recruits. Never been proved even though I can't stand Duke. Prove Wooden cheated. UNC cheated only on kids already there with tests not getting them. So nice try on you all defending the biggest ******* in college basketball. And no the team that doesn't cheat doesn't finish in last place.
3/4/2015 9:06 PM
Posted by steviescott on 3/4/2015 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Not true.
3/4/2015 9:06 PM
Posted by cburton23 on 3/4/2015 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Cheating is a pretty lousy reason to cheer against a team.  If that is your standard you aren't going to have very many teams left to support.
Once again not true. Plenty of teams to cheer for that don't cheat. MSU, Izzo non cheater. I'll make a list of non cheaters.
3/4/2015 9:09 PM
If you're talking about this. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-05-18/sports/bs-sp-terps-violations-0518-20110518_1_secondary-violations-floor-coaching-head-coach, than that is a joke. It's about a scouting report. Come on you can do better than that
3/4/2015 9:15 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 3/4/2015 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by steviescott on 3/4/2015 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Not true.
It's a Jerry Tarkanian quote.  Thought it was appropriate for the discussion.  That is all.
3/4/2015 10:14 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
NCAA Tourney: Kentucky or The Field? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.