Coaching Carousel Topic

sounds like Bobby Hurley is the leading candidate for the DePaul job.

Tyrone Corbin and possibly Valpo's Bryce Drew may still be in the mix.

3/25/2015 8:24 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/19/2015 4:45:00 AM (view original):
Bill Carmody will be introduced as the coach at Holy Cross later this morning.  He won 284 games at Princeton and Northwestern and was Big 10 'Coach of the Year' in 2003-04
I am glad Carmody is getting another chance.  His team's are fun to watch.   Holy Cross seems more his speed than the B10.
3/25/2015 11:40 AM
Mark Price, Charlotte Hornet assistant, has accepted the Charlotte job.

LSU assistant, Eric Mussleman has accepted the Nevada job. He formerly coached the Golden St. Warriors and Sacramento Kings.
3/25/2015 1:54 PM
I'm surprised there are only 24 schools on the list thus far.  Most A.D.s  use the Final Four weekend as a recruiting tool because so many coaches are present in the same city.   In each of the last 4 seasons, I had at least 45 schools on the list.  

We'll get more, of course, as head coaches 'move up' to a better opportunity

UPDATE:
  I checked and last season, there were  42 coaching changes.  Ten of them were DI coaches who moved to another D1 school:

Jim Christian (Ohio to Boston Coll)
Cuonzo Martin (Tennessee to Cal)
Troy Jasick (IPFW to Jacksonville)
Bobby Collins (Winston-Salem to MD-Eastern Shore)
Saul Phillips (N.D. State to Ohio)
Wayne Tindle (Montana to Oregon St.)
Donnie Tyndall ( So. Miss to Tennessee)
Frank Haith (Missouri to Tulsa)
Danny Manning (Tulsa to Wake Forest)
Buzz Williams (Marquette to Va. Tech)
3/25/2015 5:13 PM (edited)
Hopefully, Hurley will get to DePaul, it will revamp the Big East. I am still really interested in the Big East. Still my fav conference. So count me as a Blue Demons fan if Hurley coaches there. I

3/25/2015 7:02 PM
Tennessee has fired Donnie Tyndall, due to impending NCAA punishment based on his time at So. Mississippi
3/27/2015 9:15 AM
According to SBNation,   the Texas A.D. told  Rick Barnes to fire his assistants or be fired himself.  75% of Texas fans polled want Barnes out.
3/27/2015 9:18 AM
Steve lavin is out at St. John's
3/27/2015 2:49 PM
Yeah, I Wonder why Lavin is out. He did do a correct job. It weakens the Big East.
3/27/2015 3:00 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/27/2015 9:18:00 AM (view original):
According to SBNation,   the Texas A.D. told  Rick Barnes to fire his assistants or be fired himself.  75% of Texas fans polled want Barnes out.
Reports indicate that Barnes himself will indeed soon be out at Texas.
3/27/2015 8:42 PM
Luther Riley has been fired at Alcorn State. Riley won 37 games in four years at Alcorn State, which isn't great. Alcorn has now had three separate coaches in the past 12 years, and none have been able to crack the KenPom top-300 or have so much as a season within five games of .500. This season, it went 6-26 with a KenPom ranking 346th nationally.
3/27/2015 10:16 PM
Jimmy Lallathin is out at Kennesaw State.  Their next coach will be their 4th in 6 years.
3/27/2015 10:21 PM
Brian Wardle from Green Bay takes the Bradley job.  Former Marquette player goes back to his home state of Illinois.

At first glance it may seem like a lateral move with Bradley's ineptness on the court the past few years.  A bad Missouri Valley team vs. a strong Horizon League team.  But his salary is tripled and Bradley has a $3.8 million basketball budget vs. $1.4 million in Green Bay.

I'd guess Lavin will look back west, maybe the Arizona State job.   If that doesn't work out, back to the espn studios for a year or two and reset in the future.

A lot of talk about Chris Mullin and St. John's.   Don't rule out the other Hurley, Danny moving in from Rhode Island.  Imagine both Hurleys in the same conference.
Also in the mix at St. John's could be little Ricky Pitino and Steve Masiello from Manhattan.
3/28/2015 9:23 AM (edited)
Posted by alblack56 on 3/27/2015 9:18:00 AM (view original):
about time. i don't know how he consistently makes so little from so much talent.
3/28/2015 3:21 PM
according to WeareDePaul.com,  Bobby Hurley and Bryce Drew will be interviewed by DePaul this week.

Tennessee has reached out to Chris Holtmann, coach at Butler

3/28/2015 4:05 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
Coaching Carousel Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.