Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 3/25/2015 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by whitey34 on 3/25/2015 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by supersloth33 on 3/25/2015 2:32:00 AM (view original):
Can I vote for the NCAA? It may not be this season, but everywhere he's gone, his team has forfeited games due to rules violations. One more school and NCAA needs to ban him for awhile.
Matter of time it catches up to him again.

They may go 40-0 but this is not as great of run as most want to say it is. They played a weak schedule. Ooooo they beat a down Louisville and UNC. The SEC is a joke of a basketball conference. I'm tired of hearing they could beat NBA teams. Schedule some good college teams before you talk about beating NBA teams!!! This team isn't even a top 20 team all time
in non conf kentucky played kansas, unc, louisville, ucla, and texas. can you even name 1 high end team with more big games on the non conf schedule? now their conference schedule, yeah... pretty weak. thats out of their hands though.

edit: hilarious, i see you are a duke fan, known for ridiculous easy non conf schedules. classic. 
Really? Classic so called fan who knows nothing. Duke's win at wisconsin trumps UK's whole schedule. KU sucked this yr dude. Duke always plays 4-5 tough games in non con and now not even needed cause they are in a real basketball conference. UK should play toughest non conf. due to its mid major conference. You are such a joker thinking those teams were good non conf opp.
3/25/2015 2:50 PM
Posted by burnette on 3/25/2015 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Can I vote for the NCAA? It may not be this season, but everywhere he's gone, his team has forfeited games due to rules violations. One more school and NCAA needs to ban him for awhile.
And yet they've let Coach K and Duke win a title, and a runner-up finish, while using ineligible players.   No vacating of a title; no forfeiture of games, no loss of scholarships....nothing!

I'm not a Kentucky fan but the way the NCAA has looked the other way with Duke is galling
Lance Thomas was never ineligible and who was on a runner up finish? You are a clown hater bro. With all these haters and everyone looking to destroy Duke and coach k you really think he'd be able to get away with anything? It'd be national news. No one has a bigger target on his back. Get over the hate and appreciate the greatest coach of all time. No one has ever affected the game like him.
3/25/2015 2:54 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 3/25/2015 2:37:00 PM (view original):

They may go 40-0 but this is not as great of run as most want to say it is. They played a weak schedule. Ooooo they beat a down Louisville and UNC. The SEC is a joke of a basketball conference. I'm tired of hearing they could beat NBA teams. Schedule some good college teams before you talk about beating NBA teams!!! This team isn't even a top 20 team all time
in non conf kentucky played kansas, unc, louisville, ucla, and texas. can you even name 1 high end team with more big games on the non conf schedule? now their conference schedule, yeah... pretty weak. thats out of their hands though.

edit: hilarious, i see you are a duke fan, known for ridiculous easy non conf schedules. classic. 
Sorry gillispie, Have to disagree with you here.  Texas is talented but suck!  UCLA horrible and shouldn't got into the field.  Louisville can't score.  UNC type 2 personality, can beat anyone and can lose to anyone. So Non-Conf schedule not as tough as you might think.  If nobody gives Gonzaga credit for beating UCLA than don't give Kentucky credit.  **** MD non-conf schedule was better than Kentucky's
There are many schools with tougher non-conf schedules than UK, but Maryland's not one of them.   Look at this list and tremble in fear.....Wagner, Central Connecticut, Fordham, Monmouth, VMI, Winthrop, No. Carolina Central, South Carolina Upstate, and Oakland.  Arizona State, which just fired their coach, and Iowa St. were their only 2 traditionally tough teams. 
3/25/2015 2:55 PM
add Virginia to Maryland out of conference.
3/25/2015 3:05 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/25/2015 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 3/25/2015 2:37:00 PM (view original):

Sorry gillispie, Have to disagree with you here.  Texas is talented but suck!  UCLA horrible and shouldn't got into the field.  Louisville can't score.  UNC type 2 personality, can beat anyone and can lose to anyone. So Non-Conf schedule not as tough as you might think.  If nobody gives Gonzaga credit for beating UCLA than don't give Kentucky credit.  **** MD non-conf schedule was better than Kentucky's
There are many schools with tougher non-conf schedules than UK, but Maryland's not one of them.   Look at this list and tremble in fear.....Wagner, Central Connecticut, Fordham, Monmouth, VMI, Winthrop, No. Carolina Central, South Carolina Upstate, and Oakland.  Arizona State, which just fired their coach, and Iowa St. were their only 2 traditionally tough teams. 
Like he said forgot VA and Oklahoma St. Here's Kentucky schedule: Grand Canyon(didn't know they played basketball there), Buffalo, Kansas, Boston, Montana St., UT-Arlington, Texas, E. Kentucky, Columbia(Ivy league really), UNC, UCLA, Louisville.  Bout the same
3/25/2015 3:14 PM
not that its a great indicator, but UK's non conf SOS was like 13 while marylands was in the 90s, i believe. i dont have the page open anymore but i think that is about right.

bottom line, they have 4 premier college basketball programs on the non conf schedule, even though unc ucla kansas and louisville are not world beaters this year. its not like UK avoids playing tough teams in non conference as whitey suggested. kentucky has generally had 3 top tier programs as permanent fixtures, at least in my lifetime. they've usually had 3 out of the 4 of louisville, UNC, kansas, and indiana on the schedule. now its louisville and UNC, both easily top tier programs in modern times, and that rotating series with duke, kansas, and michigan state. these are great fixtures of kentucky's non conference schedule, i love them, big blue loves them, kentucky is not a team who shys away from non conference challenges.

3/25/2015 4:11 PM (edited)
Kentucky played tougher SOS than Maryland and is a better team than Maryland was.

Now, if Diamond Stone decides to leave the friendly confines of Wisconsin and come to Maryland (last FSS said he was struggling), then ya never know about next season.....
3/25/2015 4:07 PM
Gillespie don't put words in my mouth. I never said UK avoided teams.
3/25/2015 5:25 PM
Posted by metsmax on 3/25/2015 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Kentucky played tougher SOS than Maryland and is a better team than Maryland was.

Now, if Diamond Stone decides to leave the friendly confines of Wisconsin and come to Maryland (last FSS said he was struggling), then ya never know about next season.....
Whoa whoa. Who the hell said maryland was a better team. Not me or nobody here. As far as SOS you are totally wrong!!!!!!! Big ten by far is way better than SEC. So total SOS isn't even close. Maybe out of conference you have a legit point. Small but maybe legit, but total no ******* way. Sorry to be blunt. When it comes to this game I might not know a lot, but real life I do. Don't bullshit a bullshiter.
3/25/2015 7:12 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/25/2015 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Gillespie don't put words in my mouth. I never said UK avoided teams.
Cranky
3/25/2015 7:12 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 3/25/2015 7:12:00 PM (view original):

Whoa whoa. Who the hell said maryland was a better team. Not me or nobody here. As far as SOS you are totally wrong!!!!!!! Big ten by far is way better than SEC. So total SOS isn't even close. Maybe out of conference you have a legit point. Small but maybe legit, but total no ******* way. Sorry to be blunt. When it comes to this game I might not know a lot, but real life I do. Don't bullshit a bullshiter.
Cranky....
3/25/2015 7:19 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/25/2015 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 3/25/2015 7:12:00 PM (view original):

Cranky....
Lol. +1
3/25/2015 7:36 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/25/2015 2:50:00 PM (view original):

Really? Classic so called fan who knows nothing. Duke's win at wisconsin trumps UK's whole schedule. KU sucked this yr dude. Duke always plays 4-5 tough games in non con and now not even needed cause they are in a real basketball conference. UK should play toughest non conf. due to its mid major conference. You are such a joker thinking those teams were good non conf opp.
Well, I just looked at my bracket .. and I see that Duke and UK are on opposite sides of the bracket.  If UK goes 40-0 they will either have to beat Duke OR the team that knocks Duke out.  How, exactly would that then make Duke a better team than UK?  No better way than to decide it on the court.
3/25/2015 7:39 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/25/2015 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnette on 3/25/2015 2:02:00 PM (view original):
And yet they've let Coach K and Duke win a title, and a runner-up finish, while using ineligible players.   No vacating of a title; no forfeiture of games, no loss of scholarships....nothing!

I'm not a Kentucky fan but the way the NCAA has looked the other way with Duke is galling
Lance Thomas was never ineligible and who was on a runner up finish? You are a clown hater bro. With all these haters and everyone looking to destroy Duke and coach k you really think he'd be able to get away with anything? It'd be national news. No one has a bigger target on his back. Get over the hate and appreciate the greatest coach of all time. No one has ever affected the game like him.
Maguette was on a runner-up team.  He admitted, in a sworn affadavit, that he took money while in high school and was ineligible to play at Duke.  Duke remains the only team in history to use an ineligible player and not forfeit any games.  Those are facts, not hatred.    I don't think Coach K knew anything about it but it doesn't alter the truth....Duke got away with one

Lance Thomas was never declared ineligible because he and his booster friends refused to talk to the NCAA. The NCAA doesn't have subpoena power and was powerless to act. But the facts remain....while at Duke, he paid $30,000 CASH for jewelry. He then failed to repay the remaining $60,000 after he graduated. .
3/25/2015 8:09 PM
Show me about magette cause everyone wants coach K squeaky clean record tarnished. Thomas was confronted and pd the 60,000 last yr. ncaa investigated and nothing found. Enough people are against coach k that they are frothing at the mouth to get him. Don't let your hate blind you.
3/26/2015 12:08 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.