Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Looked it up. I knew the rumors but didn't remember the sign affadavit. The major difference is he took benefits in high school and guys like camby took them while in college.
3/26/2015 1:00 AM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/26/2015 1:00:00 AM (view original):
Looked it up. I knew the rumors but didn't remember the sign affadavit. The major difference is he took benefits in high school and guys like camby took them while in college.
That isn't a "major difference". You're either eligible or you're not..  UMass had to forfeit victories; Duke didn't

Here's an interesting perspective about Lance Thomas:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/84097/lance-thomas-jewelry-case-turns-up-zilch
3/26/2015 4:20 AM (edited)
It is a big deal. Maggette wasnt under the watch of the Duke program when he took money. Others were. Big difference!
3/26/2015 8:44 AM
Like I posted before there are a lot of Duke haters out there. Most hated team out there. They would have made it a bigger story about Thomas if it was.
3/26/2015 8:51 AM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/26/2015 8:44:00 AM (view original):
It is a big deal. Maggette wasnt under the watch of the Duke program when he took money. Others were. Big difference!
Derrick rose's problem also occurred in high school. So, tell us again...why wasn't Duke punished for Maguette?
3/26/2015 9:43 AM
Come on Al you are a dentist, you are smarter than this. You are bringing up a falsified SAT score. Taking a SAT may go up 10-15 the 2nd time his went up 100. I can go to college if I take a couple $ but I'm in big trouble if I cheat on my SAT score. 2 completely different things
3/26/2015 10:48 AM
Most of us break the law every day by driving 5 or so over the Spd limit, but never get pulled over. Technically it's breaking the law but the officers we pass over look the minor things, but if we drive pass them doing 20 over, we will be pulled over for sure.
3/26/2015 10:52 AM
Posted by terps21234 on 3/25/2015 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 3/25/2015 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Kentucky played tougher SOS than Maryland and is a better team than Maryland was.

Now, if Diamond Stone decides to leave the friendly confines of Wisconsin and come to Maryland (last FSS said he was struggling), then ya never know about next season.....
Whoa whoa. Who the hell said maryland was a better team. Not me or nobody here. As far as SOS you are totally wrong!!!!!!! Big ten by far is way better than SEC. So total SOS isn't even close. Maybe out of conference you have a legit point. Small but maybe legit, but total no ******* way. Sorry to be blunt. When it comes to this game I might not know a lot, but real life I do. Don't bullshit a bullshiter.
sorry, meant OOC SOS
3/26/2015 11:08 AM
Posted by metsmax on 3/26/2015 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Kentucky played tougher SOS than Maryland and is a better team than Maryland was.

Now, if Diamond Stone decides to leave the friendly confines of Wisconsin and come to Maryland (last FSS said he was struggling), then ya never know about next season.....
Whoa whoa. Who the hell said maryland was a better team. Not me or nobody here. As far as SOS you are totally wrong!!!!!!! Big ten by far is way better than SEC. So total SOS isn't even close. Maybe out of conference you have a legit point. Small but maybe legit, but total no ******* way. Sorry to be blunt. When it comes to this game I might not know a lot, but real life I do. Don't bullshit a bullshiter.
sorry, meant OOC SOS
terps the whole thing was about OOC SOS, easy mistake for mets to make
3/26/2015 1:46 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 3/26/2015 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Come on Al you are a dentist, you are smarter than this. You are bringing up a falsified SAT score. Taking a SAT may go up 10-15 the 2nd time his went up 100. I can go to college if I take a couple $ but I'm in big trouble if I cheat on my SAT score. 2 completely different things
my SAT went up 100 the second time i took it. i was nervous and out at a holloween party before taking my first SAT, and got a crap score, on math of all things! i was basically guaranteed an 800 but somehow screwed up badly enough to fall all the way to a 700. stuff happens. i thought rose went up more than 100 points anyway, didn't he? if it was only 100, im not sure what the hoopla was about, 100 seems like normal fluctuation to me.

as you point out, alblack is a very smart individual - but that should give you pause before trivializing his point of view (in your speeding thing). if a smart guy like that disagrees with you, maybe there is more to the story, maybe there is a viewpoint or angle you could better understand.
3/26/2015 1:53 PM
I'd have to go with Gil. While mine didn't go up 100 in one go, it went up from 120 in two. Somewhat, granted, in the opposite fashion to Gillespie in that it was my math I had more issues with and my verbal which was the really high one. I know plenty of people that did much, much better the second time around merely because they weren't as nervous going in.
3/26/2015 2:15 PM
The article I read said atleast 100 and that most only bump up 10-15. I stayed in state for college and didn't go to big a university so only needed ACT.

Al probably still just bitter at Laettner. Nobody likes to bring up though the honkie who pushed him in the back and could have seriously injured him as he hit the base of the hoop.
3/26/2015 2:25 PM
Posted by metsmax on 3/26/2015 11:08:00 AM (view original):

sorry, meant OOC SOS
My apologies. TY
3/26/2015 2:26 PM
long time maryland fan here - seeing the discussion of maryland made me try to think about what the terps team would be like in HD

what could Melo T be like?  draws a lot of fouls, but can hit the three.  great BH, excellent ATH, good SPD, good pass?  better offensive hoop IQ than we ever see freshmen in HD.....

Dez is easier to imagine in HD

Carter sat this year, but he's the high REB, good ATH bruiser they need

If Diamond Stone is added to the mix, serious LP, REB, ATH according to the pundits....

3/26/2015 2:49 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 3/26/2015 2:49:00 PM (view original):
long time maryland fan here - seeing the discussion of maryland made me try to think about what the terps team would be like in HD

what could Melo T be like?  draws a lot of fouls, but can hit the three.  great BH, excellent ATH, good SPD, good pass?  better offensive hoop IQ than we ever see freshmen in HD.....

Dez is easier to imagine in HD

Carter sat this year, but he's the high REB, good ATH bruiser they need

If Diamond Stone is added to the mix, serious LP, REB, ATH according to the pundits....

You live in MD or just long time fan? Dez would be like 10 bh. Way to many TO's. I would play md +3 because they have no lp or reb game at all. I would double Melo and Dez because no one else can shoot. I do like Nickens though, he should be good.
3/26/2015 8:45 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.