Sweet 16, anything to be happy about? Topic

Posted by alblack56 on 3/23/2015 9:46:00 AM (view original):
I'm a Kentucky fan #1, and Xavier #2. So  I had a good weekend. It would've been great if Duke had lost
I STILL LOVE LAETTNER!
3/25/2015 12:02 PM
Xavier fan as well. USA Today ranked them as the 16th best team remaining in the Sweet 16...well, yeah that is probably right. Going into the last regular season game, they were not even a lock to get in. They did get a break when they got to play Georgia State in the second game, but hey Georgia State did beat Baylor, and you have to take advantage when you get that kind of break, and they did. They looked to be about a year away, with a very good freshman class this year, but they benefitted greatly with a senior point guard and a senior center with a high passing IQ. Arizona is their next opponent, and Arizona is longer, more athletic, and quite simply the better team. Xavier shot over 80% in the 2nd half against Georgia State and still won my less then 10. Next game could be a blowout, even if they play well...but I'll take my chances versus not having the opportunity!
3/25/2015 2:42 PM
Posted by bobmeyer on 3/25/2015 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Xavier fan as well. USA Today ranked them as the 16th best team remaining in the Sweet 16...well, yeah that is probably right. Going into the last regular season game, they were not even a lock to get in. They did get a break when they got to play Georgia State in the second game, but hey Georgia State did beat Baylor, and you have to take advantage when you get that kind of break, and they did. They looked to be about a year away, with a very good freshman class this year, but they benefitted greatly with a senior point guard and a senior center with a high passing IQ. Arizona is their next opponent, and Arizona is longer, more athletic, and quite simply the better team. Xavier shot over 80% in the 2nd half against Georgia State and still won my less then 10. Next game could be a blowout, even if they play well...but I'll take my chances versus not having the opportunity!
Right!  I wouldn't bet on X, maybe not even with the 10.5 points Vegas is giving.... But all you want is a chance!  And hey.... it is March!!!
3/26/2015 2:13 PM
Posted by bobmeyer on 3/25/2015 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Agree 100%.  And two years from now, noone will remember who they played...just that they made the Sweet 16 again
3/26/2015 4:01 PM

The UCLA goaltending call was a bad call.  What I hated most about it was CBS/ commentators going out of their way defending the refs, saying it was a good call.  The rule specifically says "if the shot has a reasonable chance to go in".  That shot was clearly going to be 6 inches short and if it hit the rim, it would have barely hit it.

Unfortunately, the ruling is not reviewable.  It should have been.
3/26/2015 4:29 PM
Not necessarily Murray States' fault that they don't play a tougher out of conferences schedule. They probably get beat by real elite teams if they schedule and that doesn't help you get into the dance and the tougher teams they could hang with most likely don't want any part of them because a loss on their end doesn't look good come seeding time.
3/27/2015 5:52 AM
◂ Prev 12
Sweet 16, anything to be happy about? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.