Seble plz advise w/r/t Database Switching impact Topic

Does the database switching thing essentially extend each HD season by 1 day, including Naismith which has the title games tonight?  I'm asking to better understand if Naismith recruiting will now start on next Monday instead of Sunday and roll over on Sunday instead of Saturday.
3/23/2015 5:51 PM
I think the Championship game will get processed jdno2. They normally process it at 2ET.

Here is what they wrote.

At 4:00PM ET on Tuesday, March 24th, we will de-activate all processes that result in games being simulated, recruiting and free-agent negotiating, etc. Basically, anything that happens during one of our processing cycles will be halted for 24 hours.
3/23/2015 6:52 PM
Right, I know the Naismith games are going to process tonight as scheduled, that's why I specifically asked if the start of recruiting was going to be delayed by a day as well, as the only thing that happens tomorrow night in Naismith is the Renewal Deadline, which is likely affected by the database switch.  But I'm asking for clarification just to be certain since this part is unclear for me and I'd like to know when the season roll will be.
3/23/2015 7:48 PM
Since the seasons take place over exactly 5 or 7 weeks---the first day of recruiting season always falls on the same day in each world--right?. I know this is true in GD but I guess I haven't been paying attention in HD. Is this day now going to change? It won't be a huge difference to me in HD, but could be for others. However in GD, it is very huge as you HAVE to have the day off that you get the first messages back from recruits or you have no chance to compete.
3/24/2015 12:28 AM
i dont think thats true slim.  i would kind of like the symmetry if it was.  but dont think it is.  (i alwasy wiched 2aday worlds could be done in 28 days,  with extra days off at the end depending on the month and so they would always start on the same day of the month)

i think seasons are 32 days in 2aday worlds and 50 days in 1aday worlds.
  i wont swear to it without looking it up, and could be off by a day or two, but pretty sure that its less than 5 weeks in 2adays and more than 7weeks in 1adays
3/24/2015 12:38 AM
slim,  when you say you have to have that first day off,  do you mean you have to be off work and real life stuff?  as in,  you need to totally devote yourself to GD for that day type of thing?   ouch.   i guess recruiting would be more intense with much bigger roster.  but that sounds crazy.
3/24/2015 12:41 AM
Posted by jdno2 on 3/23/2015 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Right, I know the Naismith games are going to process tonight as scheduled, that's why I specifically asked if the start of recruiting was going to be delayed by a day as well, as the only thing that happens tomorrow night in Naismith is the Renewal Deadline, which is likely affected by the database switch.  But I'm asking for clarification just to be certain since this part is unclear for me and I'd like to know when the season roll will be.
Well .. supposedly, anything that happens today at 2:00pm will happen, then before the 5:00pm cycle, they will shutdown at 4:00pm and start again (if all goes well) at 4:00pm tomorrow, meaning that everything gets delayed by one day and the games this afternoon happen and then nothing else until tomorrow at 5:00pm.  That would also mean recruiting that happens at 2:00pm will happen, but not any 6:00pm recruiting or 8:00pm recruiting.
3/24/2015 10:11 AM
Guess I didn't make it clear to those not in Naismith that recruiting was supposed to start this upcoming Sunday, so it's not like we were in the middle of it or anything.  And it looks like the new updated calendar timeline shows no change for Naismith, so recruiting will start this Sunday as originally scheduled.  Guess the database switch doesn't impact being able to renew teams tonight (for Naismith).
3/24/2015 10:24 AM
Posted by tooslim on 3/24/2015 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Since the seasons take place over exactly 5 or 7 weeks---the first day of recruiting season always falls on the same day in each world--right?. I know this is true in GD but I guess I haven't been paying attention in HD. Is this day now going to change? It won't be a huge difference to me in HD, but could be for others. However in GD, it is very huge as you HAVE to have the day off that you get the first messages back from recruits or you have no chance to compete.
A 1 a day world is exactly 50 days, slim. So the next season always starts the day of the week after the previous season did. Sunday to Monday to Tuesday etc.
3/24/2015 10:29 AM
Hey, if you guys ever hear from Seble, please remind him there is something called the NBA SIM on this site. He might remember it, although he hasn't responded or posted about it in years.
3/24/2015 10:49 AM
I just updated dates related to the pushback.  Basically, everything is pushed back a day, including Naismith recruiting.

If anyone sees any issues, please submit a support ticket.  Thanks.

3/24/2015 11:29 AM
I'm going to submit a ticket, as the Rupp and Wooden worlds show the correct date (3/26) for the next games in each of those worlds on my schedule, but the little timeline calendar bar is incorrect.  The dates look to be off by 2 days now, not just 1.  Not sure how that is.  Leap year impact? 

For instance, in Wooden, the timeline bar shows the correct recruiting start date (2/13), exhibition games (2/18), and regular season start (2/20), but it shows the CT start date as 3/20 when it actually started on 3/21.  Now there's the additional 1 day pushback and yet the timeline bar shows the NT starting on 3/24, which is today, when it really won't start until the morning of 3/26, or 2 days later.  My Rupp data shows the same 2-day error on the timeline bar. 

Stuff like this matters to coaches for planning purposes (i.e. when does next season recruiting start?  I know it's always 5 days after the Renewal Deadline on that calendar timeline bar), so I wish they had double/triple/quadruple checked this stuff upfront instead of leaving all the little things to the coaches to give feedback on.  This stuff isn't rocket science, just attention to detail.  Or lack thereof.
3/24/2015 12:33 PM (edited)
Posted by seble on 3/24/2015 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I just updated dates related to the pushback.  Basically, everything is pushed back a day, including Naismith recruiting.

If anyone sees any issues, please submit a support ticket.  Thanks.

The last support ticket I sent in took SEVENTEEN DAYS to get a response.  The current support ticket is on day FIVE and still waiting.  Both of those tickets were related to a recruiting issue and thus time sensitive (not to mention in regards to a 2x world).  Good luck to anyone else who tries to send in a ticket, maybe you'll have better luck getting a response than I did.
3/24/2015 1:32 PM
Must be my lucky day...got a response from (I assume) seble:

"The timeline does some date math based on when the season starts, so the only way to make that correct would be to move all dates, including ones from the past. We didn't do that because it could cause other problems. "

Perhaps they should post one of those Global HD messages on all the Coach's Corners like they did yesterday that updates everyone with the correct Renewal Deadline dates for the respective worlds so everyone is aware. 

3/24/2015 1:54 PM
BTW, that does seem ridiculous dcy.  I've never had long wait times like that.  Well maybe one out of the 12 or so I've sent took a few days, all the others were 24 hrs or less iirc.
3/24/2015 1:57 PM
12 Next ▸
Seble plz advise w/r/t Database Switching impact Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.