Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

So are the Sweet 16 games going to stand?  If they do, that's complete BS.  I'm another that likes to set my lineup and make changes late.  Those S16 games were supposed to be ran tonight, NOT on the 25th.  The advisement said everything would be pushed back 24 hours, EVERYTHING!  Not everything EXCEPT the Knight Sweet 16 games, EVERYTHING!!  Complete and utter garbage!!!
3/26/2015 12:37 AM
I would say that Moe, Larry, and Curly are now running WIS but I would not want to insult such fine professionals who were so good at their craft like Moe, Larry, and Curly..
3/26/2015 12:45 AM
This is nonsense. These games need to be reset. Congrats if you could set up your team early, but not everyone has the opportunity to do so. I set my gameplans late as well. Everyone should have the opportunity to make changes. Doing it late or early, means nothing. As long as you planned to set your team within the time they specified those games should not count.
3/26/2015 12:49 AM
I didn't even realize it had ran the games until just a few minutes ago.  As I said above, I like to set my plans late, after I've had time to go over them and get them just how I want to/like to.  I couldn't figure out why, when I went to my Team Gameplan page, that there wasn't an opponent listed.  Then I remembered, "Hey I don't have 3 losses, I've got 2 losses".  Wrong.  Since the games were simmed well before they were supposed to, there's my 3rd loss.

The right thing to do is to go back and re-sim the games when they were supposed to be run in the first place, but then you could end up punishing teams that pulled upsets.  However, if you don't re-run them, then you end up punishing coaches who might not have had their gameplan ready but only because they were following the schedule LAID OUT BY WHAT IF SPORTS!  This stuff happens every time.  Every single time.  I had a team that was fully capable of winning a National Title and I get the rug pulled out from under me by having the games run several hours earlier than they were supposed to be run.  What kind of BS is that?  And to whomever responded saying that we should have had our gameplan set early "just in case", I do not agree at all.  We were TOLD when the games were going to run.  We shouldn't have to "guess" or take precautions like that.  There was a schedule for the games and the schedule was NOT followed, not even close.

Again, the right thing to do is for Seble to step up and admit there was an error (which he did), and then tell those coaches whose games DID sim "I'm sorry, the Sweet 16 games in Knight simmed well before they were supposed to and then the Elite Eight games simmed also.  The only fair way to rectify this problem is to GO BACK TO THE POINT WHERE THE GAME WAS STOPPED and pick up from there.  Every other world stopped as it was supposed to, Knight was the only exception and Knight needs to be put back to it's proper point and started up from there.  I apologize to those of you who won and now may take a loss, but it's not fair to ANYBODY that we set a schedule and then don't follow it, yet stick with those results".

Yes, I may sound like a sore loser and you know what?  I don't care.  This is about accountability and responsibility.  They set the schedule and the schedule was not followed, they are held accountable for that.  Games simmed when they were not supposed to sim (twice) and need they need to show both accountability AND responsibility to do the right thing and re-simulate those games.  This is ridiculous.

3/26/2015 12:59 AM
I'm in the Final Four. I think WIS is doing a great job.
3/26/2015 1:01 AM
Posted by uglyskunk3 on 3/26/2015 12:50:00 AM (view original):
This is nonsense. These games need to be reset. Congrats if you could set up your team early, but not everyone has the opportunity to do so. I set my gameplans late as well. Everyone should have the opportunity to make changes. Doing it late or early, means nothing. As long as you planned to set your team within the time they specified those games should not count.
You've been around for awhile Skunk, so you know what I'm getting ready to say is true.  Even though the "right thing" to do is re-set back to the Sweet 16 games, it'll never happen.  I'm not going to say why on these forums because I don't want to get banned or worse yet, kicked off the site but we both know.
3/26/2015 1:03 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 3/26/2015 1:01:00 AM (view original):
Even with a re-sim you'd probably still be.  That's a really strong team you have.
3/26/2015 1:04 AM
If they replay the games and the same teams win it will not stop. People will say it was fixed. There's no right way to fix it. Either way someone is upset......
3/26/2015 1:36 AM
Posted by kbates1948 on 3/26/2015 1:36:00 AM (view original):
If they replay the games and the same teams win it will not stop. People will say it was fixed. There's no right way to fix it. Either way someone is upset......
You're correct, either way someone is going to be upset.  But they set the schedule, so they should stick to the schedule.  Period.  All games were supposed to pick back up at 2 a.m., about 6 minutes from now (when I originally typed it).  Yet, they simmed games earlier than that.  Those games were NOT supposed to be played yet according to their OWN schedule of events.  It needs to be reset or it shows a complete lack of professionalism.

But having been through instances like this before, those of us who lost are basically out of luck.  We'll be told that it wouldn't be fair to those who had won, blah, blah, blah, make me vomit, blah.  We'll probably be offered some sort of credit as compensation (which won't be enough) and the whole thing will go away and the eight of us who lost will have no recourse except to ask that we get vaseline'd up next time it happens.

It might make the winners of those games upset, but what about the coaches that lost?  Lost in a game that was only NOW supposed to be simulated?  It's not right and I wish there was a way to get in contact with someone higher up the chain of command, outside this website. 

3/26/2015 2:07 AM (edited)
I too lost in this mysterious round, but I had set my gameplan, so I'm not as upset about it. I did sign on at about 1 am with the express intent of taking one final look at my settings before gametime to find I'd lost 8 hours prior...

Resimming won't work. They've now played the E8 games (also at a weird time - and if you think the coaches that lost the early S16 games have a gripe at least they had a reasonable time to enter something of a gameplan...those that lost the E8 games probably didn't even know they were in them) and the Final 4...how do you resim and maybe take a coach out of the title game?

**** happens and I get it, and yeah, we are probably out of luck ultimately. The fairest compensation would be to give all 48 coaches (16 from each division, right?) the champions reward points since conceivably we all could have won it...but that's a lot of points so like emy I am hoping for some kind of apology and a credit...

seble, I get that these things happen - thanks for posting and I don't envy you trying to sort it all out...
3/26/2015 3:06 AM
Doesn't affect me, as I'm in a one a day world, but I have to wonder. Don't they test their code before putting things back online? I don't know what they actually did, but I would assume it was code related, given nothing visably seems to have changed.
3/26/2015 3:48 AM
Chalk me up as a late gameplanner, that was stunned and angered by this snafu.
3/26/2015 4:24 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 3/26/2015 1:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 3/26/2015 1:01:00 AM (view original):
Even with a re-sim you'd probably still be.  That's a really strong team you have.
My feelings are hurt, emy, since he beat my lsu team in the phantom elite 8. Obviously the games need to be re-run - really poor job there by wis. Happy to see that seble appears to be ready to do the right thing.
3/26/2015 5:47 AM
I think dacj is on the right track with the rewards points.  I guess they would be re-simmed (with another day long delay) and all losing coaches would be given some kind of compensation if they had won in any of the now three phantom rounds.
3/26/2015 6:56 AM
1) It remains as it is : games were simmed. Nothing changes. PEOPLE ARE ANGRY.

2) It resims the games. Winners change. PEOPLE ARE ANGRY.

I call that a loss-loss situation.

But to be honest, since it's a game, and there are rules, I think they need to resim the whole thing since people were expecting the game to be played today at 2ET. If you can't plan on the SWEET SIXTEEN, then why play the game? Even if there is only one person screwed by this because that person did not gameplan, it still need to be RESIMMED.
3/26/2015 7:34 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.