Best DIII player ever? Topic

Terrible haircut though. No style. 
4/1/2015 3:55 PM
I can see the argument for saying he's not necessarily a d2 player. He doesn't have much of a position because his reb probably wouldn't be good enough at d2, he's only pulling in 6 boards, and his bh pass combo is a liability especially if you want him to be a big part of the offense.
Awesome d3 player though, I've always wished I could pick up a stud like this.
4/1/2015 7:05 PM
Posted by mikvitu on 4/1/2015 7:05:00 PM (view original):
I can see the argument for saying he's not necessarily a d2 player. He doesn't have much of a position because his reb probably wouldn't be good enough at d2, he's only pulling in 6 boards, and his bh pass combo is a liability especially if you want him to be a big part of the offense.
As a pretty decent D2 coach, I'd take him on my team any year.
4/1/2015 7:17 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?&pid=2813200
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?&pid=2813198
These are the two best players I've ever recruited hands down!  At d3 I think I would take Zeyer over both of them even though I would have a hard time. I say that because I don't think that the bh/pa skills are that much of a factor for bigs at this level( of course higher is always nice though). I'm going to d2 in Tark next season so my ? is who of these would be the better d2 guy? Is bh/pa that big of a factor at the d2 level? Thanks
4/1/2015 8:43 PM
no
4/1/2015 9:23 PM
Go luck in Tarkanian DII Taggl. It's pretty tough DII world. I had fun at North Carolina Central (CIAA), went Sweet Sixteen once. Now I moved up to Summit Conference at IUPUI, so if you want an exhibition game, hit me up.
4/1/2015 9:55 PM
congrats! this is a really good player. his efficiency isn't really there, not to compete with an elite 3 point shooter. i've seen a couple d3 guards who would definitely top this guy. but while not the best ever, he is damn good! enjoy him while he lasts :)
4/1/2015 9:59 PM
I think if his touches were cut back just a tad his scoring would only decrease marginally but his efficiency numbers would move up significantly.
4/1/2015 11:42 PM
wow I just don't see taking an elite 3 shooter over this guy, if you factor in how many times he's getting fouled per game to go with the elite O, D, and FT  numbers this guy is hands down the best DIII player I've ever seen... and he's a JR!!! 
4/2/2015 1:10 AM
Posted by getbedarded on 4/1/2015 7:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mikvitu on 4/1/2015 7:05:00 PM (view original):
As a pretty decent D2 coach, I'd take him on my team any year.
I'll second that, word for word.
4/2/2015 3:21 AM
Posted by duece_duece on 4/2/2015 1:10:00 AM (view original):
wow I just don't see taking an elite 3 shooter over this guy, if you factor in how many times he's getting fouled per game to go with the elite O, D, and FT  numbers this guy is hands down the best DIII player I've ever seen... and he's a JR!!! 
Even with the FT attempts and good %, he's only getting 1.03 PPP.  That's good, especially for a super-high-volume shooter, but it's not great.  I just got 1.14 PPP last season from this guy at an only slightly lower total usage: Charles Swick.

You do have to think that if Zeyer wasn't being so badly overused, he'd be more efficient.  Right now he's one of the least efficient scorers on that team in spite of being easily the best offensive player.  I'm not saying I wouldn't trade Swick for him, but I'm not necessarily going to say that I would, either.  Would depend on the rest of the composition of the team.  Zeyer is clearly the better defensive player, but Swick is above average.  And while Zeyer presents a weakness in peripherals (bad BH and Pass are a small factor, but subpar rebounding hurts), Swick has decent PG-level BH and pass.  And Swick is far from the best perimeter player I've ever had.  I'd still take an elite guard over Zeyer, probably 90+% of the time.
4/2/2015 5:01 AM
Short answer: definitely not the best DIII player ever but quite possibly the best PF.
4/2/2015 7:20 AM
This makes me think I should have pushed this guy much more in distro.  Obviously Zeyer's ATH is vastly better, but I liked Hunsberger A LOT.
4/2/2015 3:09 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/2/2015 5:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by duece_duece on 4/2/2015 1:10:00 AM (view original):
Even with the FT attempts and good %, he's only getting 1.03 PPP.  That's good, especially for a super-high-volume shooter, but it's not great.  I just got 1.14 PPP last season from this guy at an only slightly lower total usage: Charles Swick.

You do have to think that if Zeyer wasn't being so badly overused, he'd be more efficient.  Right now he's one of the least efficient scorers on that team in spite of being easily the best offensive player.  I'm not saying I wouldn't trade Swick for him, but I'm not necessarily going to say that I would, either.  Would depend on the rest of the composition of the team.  Zeyer is clearly the better defensive player, but Swick is above average.  And while Zeyer presents a weakness in peripherals (bad BH and Pass are a small factor, but subpar rebounding hurts), Swick has decent PG-level BH and pass.  And Swick is far from the best perimeter player I've ever had.  I'd still take an elite guard over Zeyer, probably 90+% of the time.
What is your PPP formula?
4/2/2015 7:52 PM
Mine is generally Pts/(Fg+(.44*fta)-orb+to)

He comes out as 1.056, which is generally a somewhat marginally efficient but acceptable scorer.  However, the fact that its at such volume makes it more than acceptable.  Still, I think with slightly less distro he would go up significantly.

4/2/2015 8:56 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Best DIII player ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.