That I see two of the same teams being considered on more than 3 recruits. Not that that doesn't happen but when one is a Div I and the other is a Div III. One of the recruits is a clear div III player has been since the start with an oal rating of only 392. I know you go by core rating but at only 392 those cores could not be anywhere near being div I player. some are Div II dropdowns. I don't like to assume anything but in all three cases the word on the street has the Div III school in the lead. Almost like the Div I jump on the recruit early to scare others away to let the Div III school come in. I will wait to see how this plays out. Just found it odd.
4/4/2015 2:31 PM
There are several DIII schools that are listed by WIS with names that are the same as DI schools. It can be very confusing unless you click on the team profile and verify exactly what level the school is. For example, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, and Rhode Island are all DIII schools.

Also, WIS has not done much to keep up with the number of schools that have changed divisions since HD was created. There are many schools listed at a different level in HD than they are in real life. The same applies to conference changes.
4/4/2015 3:25 PM
No I'm not talking about the names being the same I'm talking about the same recruit being considered by a div I and a div III school. And in each case the div III school is leading with "word on street" and one recruit had always been a DIV III guy with an overall rating of 392, Almost like the div I guy came in early got the recruit to consider him to scare other div II and div III schools and then "let: the div III come in and take the lead. As in collusion. I don't like to accuse people of this that's why I said its odd. The div I school has others on his list also. But he has 2 or 3 more than he has spots for. Funny thing is the three extra considering him are div II or div III players with this other school on the consider list and in the lead.
4/4/2015 3:40 PM
I found two of the guys he's talking about and I must say, it does look "odd".
4/4/2015 3:52 PM
Posted by cmac4567 on 4/4/2015 3:40:00 PM (view original):
No I'm not talking about the names being the same I'm talking about the same recruit being considered by a div I and a div III school. And in each case the div III school is leading with "word on street" and one recruit had always been a DIV III guy with an overall rating of 392, Almost like the div I guy came in early got the recruit to consider him to scare other div II and div III schools and then "let: the div III come in and take the lead. As in collusion. I don't like to accuse people of this that's why I said its odd. The div I school has others on his list also. But he has 2 or 3 more than he has spots for. Funny thing is the three extra considering him are div II or div III players with this other school on the consider list and in the lead.
That is odd...
4/4/2015 4:04 PM
emy did you see the div I guy has a C ranked 101 with over all rating 513 on his list but he also has a C that's a div III guy with rating 391. how do you recruit two guys so far apart? That's what caught my attention.
4/4/2015 5:17 PM
I don't think I can see the world (assuming we're talking Knight here), but simply based on what I read here, I would send a ticket in and have CS take a look at it. Not saying it'll accomplish anything, but I'd certainly bring it to their attention, because it definitely sounds shady. 
4/4/2015 5:20 PM
I sent a ticket.
4/4/2015 5:47 PM
I'll send one also.
4/4/2015 6:01 PM
Let's just say this Div 1 school is helping this Div 3 school recruit players it may normally not have the opportunity to recruit, (and assuming they're not the same user with two separate usernames) this is an "odd" but legal tactic, correct?
4/4/2015 6:46 PM (edited)
Collusion. Hang him.
4/4/2015 7:12 PM
Posted by clansing on 4/4/2015 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Let's just say this Div 1 school is helping this Div 3 school recruit players it may normally not have the opportunity to recruit, (and assuming they're not the same user with two separate usernames) this is an "odd" but legal tactic, correct?
um, no, a secret agreement between two users  designed to give one an advantage is like the definition of collusion
4/4/2015 7:23 PM
How would that be fair or "legal" as you say when everyone knows a DI school has a budget as large as they do. Most not all DII and DIII would shy away from battling a DI that has 4 spots open just because a DI school could out spend. Now he lets his buddy or his "other team" come in after all others have moved on and let him take these recruits. Exactly how is that not Collusion?
4/4/2015 8:13 PM
It could be collusion. If I was DIII, I suppose it's Knight, I'd be really angered by something like this.
4/4/2015 8:15 PM
I'm wondering if a D1 school can even sign a kid with an overall rating < 400.  Unlike D2 and D3, your AD at D1 can actually prevent you from signing kids that aren't good enough for your program.  So even though the kid is considering a D1 school, I think it's fairly unlikely he'll actually be able to sign him.  
4/4/2015 10:33 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.