Can anyone tell me how I lost this game? Topic

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=11839079

By no means is my team a good offensive team but shooting 33% against a very average defensive team? 

Any help would be appreciated...
4/16/2015 5:30 PM
Bad luck. Sometimes the SIM pulls an upset, it's math, probabilities. Sometimes, it just goes against us. Hopefully you won't have that type of performance in the CT or the NT.

You lost at the line... Your team is certainly better.
4/16/2015 6:24 PM
That is what I feared.  Thanks for the insight, Zorzii. 
4/16/2015 7:15 PM
I'm not a real big fan of uptempo but I'll use it in the right circumstances.  I think this would have been one game that I would have sped him up.
4/16/2015 8:39 PM
Yeah, I thought about doing that but I assumed more overall talent would win out. Silly me.
4/16/2015 9:28 PM
Just a cursory look at the box score but I believe the main reason is he scored more points.
4/16/2015 11:49 PM
I waited for that mully. Glad you didn't disappoint...
4/17/2015 12:31 AM
Posted by jocrane14 on 4/16/2015 9:28:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I thought about doing that but I assumed more overall talent would win out. Silly me.
If you think you have better overall talent, you should be running uptempo so that you produce a greater number of possessions to allow that talent to show. The fewer the possessions, the greater effect randomness and outliers can have on the overall result when it comes to random number generation. 

Think of it this way -- I don't stand a snowball's chance in Hades of beating Tiger Woods in a round of golf. Stand us both on the tee of a single par-3 hole, however, and on the right day I might be able to card the better score and "win."
4/17/2015 4:13 AM
Instead of starting another "why did I lose thread" I think I'll just post in this one, I hope jocrane doesn't mind since he appears to be satisfied with his answers

I started the season ranked at #22 but ended up losing to a sim in the second game

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=11840340

Can anyone tell me why I lost? Also how could I improve my team and make them more efficient?
4/17/2015 7:04 AM
Timjmiller, you probably lost because the SimAI attempted over twice the amount of 3s than you. It managed to hit 7 to your 2. That combined with your somewhat mediocre shooting display from the line was probably the reason. Maybe the vets on this forum can explain how to fix it but that's just my take based on the stats. Hope this helps!
4/17/2015 7:27 AM
You have already heard this, but you played to his speed and not using the advantage you had in that aspect of the game.  More possessions, more shoots, more points or you would have created the different advantage of putting your bench against his when his starters tired. 
4/17/2015 12:18 PM
My logic was with normal pace my starters would be on the floor longer which was where I had the biggest advantage. I'll try fast paced tonight though and see how it goes
4/17/2015 1:57 PM
@timjmiller - I almost never play 0 against sims (and never a minus). They tend to shoot a bunch of threes, and sometimes they get hot, like they did in the first half against you.
4/17/2015 2:35 PM
Posted by acn24 on 4/17/2015 2:35:00 PM (view original):
@timjmiller - I almost never play 0 against sims (and never a minus). They tend to shoot a bunch of threes, and sometimes they get hot, like they did in the first half against you.
I almost ALWAYS (unless I forget to change my settings from the game before) play a + defense against the Sim teams for one simple reason.  I assume that I have the better team, I assume that late in the game I'll be leading, and I assume that the Sim teams are programmed to take threes when they are behind late in the game.  It almost always works like a charm.  Now, having said that, for teams that might not be better than the Sim team they're playing this might not be the optimal strategy, but it's the reason I use it almost exclusively against Sims.
4/18/2015 2:44 PM
Can anyone tell me how I lost this game? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.