Player Cut Question Topic

I have just taken over West Virginia Wesleyan in Phelan.  All current players are "human" recruited, but not by me.  Can you cut "human" recruited players with less reputation hit if they were recruited by previous Coach?
4/22/2015 7:53 AM

I don't think you get any hit for cutting a player you didn't recruit?

One time I took over a team, cut a scrub, and the team's best player immediately quit saying that I "cut his boy" or something. That was an unfortunate unlucky turn. I think that's exceedingly rare though.

4/22/2015 10:23 AM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 4/22/2015 10:23:00 AM (view original):

One time I took over a team, cut a scrub, and the team's best player immediately quit saying that I "cut his boy" or something. That was an unfortunate unlucky turn. I think that's exceedingly rare though.

Exceedingly rare enough that I have never heard of it happening before, LOL.  And I have been playing since the very beginning.  Has anyone else ever had that happen?
4/22/2015 2:38 PM
It does happen that players sometimes quit if you cut another player from the same recruiting class (no matter who recruited him).  I saw that happen after I left a team and somebody took it over.  But it is exceedingly rare.
4/22/2015 2:42 PM
Does it matter if you wait to cut players after a season or two, or should you cut them right away when you take over a team to avoid a rep hit?
4/22/2015 3:02 PM
I don't think it matters.  I just cut an inherited player in my 3rd season and didn't get a rep hit.
4/22/2015 3:24 PM
Posted by davis on 4/22/2015 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 4/22/2015 10:23:00 AM (view original):

Exceedingly rare enough that I have never heard of it happening before, LOL.  And I have been playing since the very beginning.  Has anyone else ever had that happen?
I saw it happen at D2. The new coach cut a scrub, and his best player quit. He ended up getting picked up by a D1 team. I don't think that this would happen if you wait until after recruiting starts before you cut anyone, but this is just my theory.
4/23/2015 12:43 AM
Player Cut Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.