when recruiting and in a battle, i check the opponent's news tab to see if he cut anyone (to be able to calculate recruiting cash from open spaces). i use past rosters to see if there was any carryover (though this is 50/50 for d1 and d2 squads because of ineligibles not showing up). 
4/23/2015 12:06 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/23/2015 2:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jtt8355 on 4/22/2015 7:45:00 PM (view original):
I do something similar... I use the high for my primary targets; medium for same division ("already available") and low for pull downs.
This is exactly how I do it too.
Looks like we are three pees in a pod.
4/23/2015 1:24 PM
Four poos in a pup tent.
4/23/2015 1:49 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 4/23/2015 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 4/23/2015 2:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jtt8355 on 4/22/2015 7:45:00 PM (view original):
I do something similar... I use the high for my primary targets; medium for same division ("already available") and low for pull downs.
This is exactly how I do it too.
Looks like we are three pees in a pod.
I do exactly the same, except medium is pull downs and low is in my division. Awesome! I didn't know others were doing this
4/23/2015 2:10 PM
I do High for current division studs, medium for pull downs and low for players that are plan C,D, etc. 
4/23/2015 2:14 PM
I'm sure most experienced coaches know this, but I am very slow; the ratings view from the recruit search page blew my mind. Since it defaults to general, I spent my first RL year and a half recruiting by clicking on each individual player page by page to decide who was worthy of my effort. Then someone mentioned a way to search internationals by HS GPA, which isn't viewable anywhere else ( from General, not ratings view, but you have an option to sort by all sorts of criteria, including ratings), and my world was rocked. The heavens opened and the angels sang.

Recruiting - search - results view (on the right for my fellow uninitiated). If you're searching by states scouted, you'll see potential, too.
4/23/2015 5:35 PM (edited)
Posted by pkoopman on 4/23/2015 5:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure most experienced coaches know this, but I am very slow; the ratings view from the recruit search page blew my mind. Since it defaults to general, I spent my first RL year and a half recruiting by clicking on each individual player page by page to decide who was worthy of my effort. Then someone mentioned a way to search internationals by HS GPA, which isn't viewable anywhere else ( from General, not ratings view, but you have an option to sort by all sorts of criteria, including ratings), and my world was rocked. The heavens opened and the angels sang.

Recruiting - search - results view (on the right for my fellow uninitiated). If you're searching by states scouted, you'll see potential, too.
WHAT?!?! Oh my goodness, I have been clicking on every single recruit for nine teams for three years! I had no idea this was there. 

Y'all have no idea how long recruiting has always taken me. 
4/23/2015 6:05 PM (edited)
I had done this up until 2/3 months ago I wasn't happy.  Use to spend way to much time going through each individual player...
4/23/2015 6:23 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 4/23/2015 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 4/23/2015 5:35:00 PM (view original):

WHAT?!?! Oh my goodness, I have been clicking on every single recruit for nine teams for three years! I had no idea this was there. 

Y'all have no idea how long recruiting has always taken me. 
nice job pk. so instead of it taking him hours to build his ridiculously good teams, now he'll be able to do it in a fraction of the time. dammit. 
4/23/2015 6:27 PM
Maybe it will make him lazy.
4/23/2015 7:24 PM
Y'all realize that the team that shares a league with you two only had B prestige, right? 
4/23/2015 8:20 PM
I knew of the trick to find International GPAs, but that Ratings thing is HUGE. Thanks, PK.
4/23/2015 9:02 PM
I also believe PR recruits don't show up under "internationals" show you have to scroll down to PR to find them...
4/23/2015 9:11 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 4/23/2015 9:11:00 PM (view original):
I also believe PR recruits don't show up under "internationals" show you have to scroll down to PR to find them...
Never knew that!
4/23/2015 10:19 PM
Posted by jaxorbetter on 4/23/2015 9:02:00 PM (view original):
I knew of the trick to find International GPAs, but that Ratings thing is HUGE. Thanks, PK.
Ok, I give up.  Why  search for GPAs??
4/24/2015 5:28 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.