Losing WE and I cannot see why? Topic

Guys, here is one that I may know the answer, however I may be missing something!

I have a JR that is getting 19 minutes per game as my first guard off the bench.  Early in the season he started losing WE, and I adjusted to playing till getting tired just to give him a minute or two more per game.

IF he started as a true FR for Simmy and got 22+ minutes per game.  Became a backup for Simmy as a SO and was only getting 14+ minutes a game, would the system be making him lose WE for being only a backup player for me his junior season even with 5 more minutes a game?

4/23/2015 10:56 AM
This is a very odd situation.  I looked at your kid on Troy St. and didn't see anything remotely worth him losing WE this season.  There's nothing built in for YOY decreases in mpg or anything like that, at least that I'm aware of.  Very occasionally I'll see a very high WE kid (>90) who, say, as a junior or senior gets just the bare bones minutes (11-12 mpg) that loses a point or two in WE, so my instinct before I looked was that his was the likely answer, but this kid's WE is 48, so that doesn't apply here.

Not that 1 WE will matter much (and unless somebody else has a good answer for you), but I'd consider this ticket-worthy just to find out the underlying reason.  Of course, then you have to put up with a cookie-cutter BS answer from the low-level CS that would infuriate you more than the drop in WE by 1 does.

4/23/2015 11:07 AM
You didn't have him play in 4 out of the 16 games. Problem solved.
4/23/2015 11:43 AM
Ha, there you go.  I looked at the Game Log tab for him and saw his minutes looked fine but didn't see there were dates skipped indicating missed games.  Guess I should've checked the team Stats page, too.  Yep, that explains it.
4/23/2015 11:49 AM
He was down -4 on WE when I first noticed this....The only change I added was I removed the play until tired on the starter he backs up, and added play until tired to him.  As to the missed games I cannot explain why he missed games (and I failed to see that as well) unless the starter was not getting tired.  But his minutes are consistent.  Are I always say curiouser and curiouser!
4/24/2015 9:38 AM
Losing WE and I cannot see why? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.