Posted by gillispie1 on 4/25/2015 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by frymaster99 on 4/25/2015 2:05:00 PM (view original):
An owner admitting he would cheat if he thought he could get away with it should be the story now.
it would be, but its colonels, self-professed cheater, and resident forum troll.
self-professed cheater?  I haven't been busted for anything and I even vouched for you when whinenavy got your team removed...oh how soon ye forgets...
4/25/2015 5:04 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/25/2015 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/25/2015 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by frymaster99 on 4/25/2015 2:05:00 PM (view original):
An owner admitting he would cheat if he thought he could get away with it should be the story now.
it would be, but its colonels, self-professed cheater, and resident forum troll.
self-professed cheater?  I haven't been busted for anything and I even vouched for you when whinenavy got your team removed...oh how soon ye forgets...
You said you would cheat if you though you could get away with it. Pretty close to professing that you cheat.
4/25/2015 5:49 PM
I like to talk.  There is nothing amiss with how I play.
4/25/2015 5:54 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2015 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Lol, it's only really a safe(r) bet if you're at D1 with 6 open schollies (aka max money).  I have nothing to hide, you can have WIS manhunt me if you want...the other ids I've used are statsink, kgb_sickle, juran_ovito, and $$$.  I once bought a D3 team to (attempt to?) use FSS for my D2 team.  I'm not above "cheating" if I think I can get away with it.  I'm not the greatest coach the game has ever seen, but I have made 2 NT NC games, so hate on Calvin Green all you want.  You left me with no rebounding...this is my second stint at Millersville, and this is just a stopover so I can get back to D1.  I could coattail your guys, but I did just land the #3 recruiting class.  Beaver sucks but it was him or nothing.  Good day, Nick...
pretty sure this is a self admission of cheating trev...you once bought aa D3 team to FSS for your D2 team...that's clearly a violation...
4/25/2015 10:04 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/24/2015 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Lol, it's only really a safe(r) bet if you're at D1 with 6 open schollies (aka max money).  I have nothing to hide, you can have WIS manhunt me if you want...the other ids I've used are statsink, kgb_sickle, juran_ovito, and $$$.  I once bought a D3 team to (attempt to?) use FSS for my D2 team.  I'm not above "cheating" if I think I can get away with it.  I'm not the greatest coach the game has ever seen, but I have made 2 NT NC games, so hate on Calvin Green all you want.  You left me with no rebounding...this is my second stint at Millersville, and this is just a stopover so I can get back to D1.  I could coattail your guys, but I did just land the #3 recruiting class.  Beaver sucks but it was him or nothing.  Good day, Nick...
interesting 
4/25/2015 10:28 PM
Okay, I've thought about this all day.  Though I did nothing wrong, I have decided to take the player in question off my depth chart.  If my reputation is in question, I would rather not use him.  Again, it is the difference between 6 wins and 4, if things go well.  All I really want from this is to be sure that when anybody who reads these forums plays me, whether it be in an exhibition or the National Championship, they don't think for one second "geez, I wonder if this guy got his players because he is a cheater."  Again, I am not, but I want there to be no doubt.  

The real reason I am writing is that I want to apologize to Colonels.  At this point in my life I try to be three things above all else:  a good dad, a good husband, and a good Christian.  I am sorry to say that with my post last night I failed at the third miserably.  I wrote a post that was full of negative tone and sarcasm and implied that Colonels could be a cheater when not only do I have no proof that he is but really didn't believe that he was.  This caused him to come out and admit some things that is probably going to hurt his reputation.  Colonels I am sorry I put you in that position and forgive you for the false accusations you have made against me.  I hope when you make the move to DI in Tark you will consider the A10 as you are a good coach and I would enjoy having you and competing against you as a conference mate.  
4/25/2015 10:37 PM
Piman - do what you want with that player, but your reputation is not in question. There is only one person that thinks you did something wrong. And I'm not even sure that person really believes it, it seems like they are just trying to stir things up.
4/25/2015 10:51 PM
Piman, please put Gram back on your depth chart.  You have nothing to apologize for, take care.  It's just a game/message board and I know/knew exactly what I was saying.
4/25/2015 11:31 PM (edited)
Why is Piman apologizing? You were falsely accused by someone of being a cheater. He should be apologizing to you. Also, you should absolutely use that recruit.

This reminds me of when Dick Cheney shot his hunting friend in the face, and the victim guy apologized to Cheney.
4/25/2015 11:22 PM
I think these conversations should be happening wayyyyyy more often. I see suspicious **** quite often, but usually its after the fact or not as obvious at the time...so I think its great that somebody brought this truly fishy circumstance into the light.

Maybe people would be less likely to use sockpuppet accounts if they knew it would be harder to get away with.
4/26/2015 7:47 AM
there is nothing in the facts as described to make this suspicious.  Nothing,  It is a stupid accusation.  If this were an attempt at cheating, it would be an awful tactic, unlikely to succeed.

colonel should be embarassed

1, at having made the accusation
2. at admitting to having cheated in a clear, obvious and forbidden way

4/26/2015 8:57 AM
Lol, it's pretty funny watching some of you react to my comments.  And again, if this is NBD, get WIS to sign off on me taking over a D2 team with an alternate ID while I'm at D1 with this one...I'll cut the best guy on the team and sign him to mine as I'll have the inside edge, and I'll show you what the deal really is.  I'm not dumb guys...where there's a will there's a way.

The only unfortunate thing about this thread is piman314 (temporarily hopefully) benching Gram as he should put him back in his lineup/depth chart if he intends/intended on using him.  Stand your ground.

I should be able to and can take what everyone says about me here...if I didn't, I wouldn't talk to begin with.  You want to troll me, that's your business.

4/26/2015 9:38 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 4/26/2015 8:57:00 AM (view original):
there is nothing in the facts as described to make this suspicious.  Nothing,  It is a stupid accusation.  If this were an attempt at cheating, it would be an awful tactic, unlikely to succeed.

colonel should be embarassed

1, at having made the accusation
2. at admitting to having cheated in a clear, obvious and forbidden way

yeah, nothing suspicious whatsoever...because coaches cut 1st team all-conference seniors like every other day.
4/26/2015 10:18 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by fd343ny on 4/26/2015 10:38:00 AM (view original):
No evidence that the two names are the same person - is there any?  show us?

No evidence that this approach to cheating makes sense - do we know whether anyone competed for the senior?

If no one competed, why?

If people competed, how did the guy who signed him win?

Explain how the alleged cheating would have worked - how would the DI team have had a special ability to sign him.  Was he located very close to the new team - I have not checked.  Is the new team in the middle of no where?

I could imagine this working in say Hawaii or in Arizona or somewhere.

Want to claim cheating - explain how it would have worked and the unfair advantage.  be specific.  Dont just say it is fishy and it doesnt happen.  Explain the cheating - with specificity or be embarassed at admitting that YOU have cheated and that you attempted to tarnish a reputation without having thought it through,.

I've asked pinman twice if he had to battle any other coaches, and if so then who, but no answer was given. Also, scenarios about how and/or why this type of action could be advantageous have already been discussed in this thread, so I'm not gonna do it again.

Besides, if you can't think of any reason whatsoever off the top of your head why this would appear suspicious or how it might possibly benefit a coach looking to game the system...then either you're being disingenuous or you should look into getting a job at a big tobacco or oil "research institute" because they pay people A LOT of money to not connect the dots.

I'm fairly convinced that pinman isn't a party to collusion in this circumstance, but I'm still damn glad this was brought into the light rather than remaining buried in the sand.
4/26/2015 11:14 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.