pulldown FR situation Topic

So, after spending about 4k on a D2 pulldown  that still after that wasnt showing me much love, I decided to promise him starter honestly not thinking he would do it, but my cash was running on E. As it turns out, he actually went ahead and signed with me. So now that i promised him starter when he def not gonna get it is there any ways to kind of dodge this situation? Or should I just start him and work around it. Or if not how severe would the consequences be, would he possibly leave the team for not starting? 
Im sure this is posted in forums somewhere but I couldnt find it, so I appreciate any help
5/4/2015 3:58 PM (edited)
If you don't start him his WE will be cut in half.

He could also leave the team.
5/4/2015 4:03 PM
Your reputation might take a hit if he leaves due to not getting enough starts (Which I think is around 80% and you want to front load it if possible in non-conf).

You could switch your depth chart to target minutes if you are using fatigue and then start the FR but give him low minutes with the bulk of the minutes to your better players off the bench.
5/4/2015 4:14 PM
You need to start him.   You may get away with benching him 5-6 games, as long as they don't occur consecutively.  You have 13 sim games on your schedule. Start him there, then fill in with a few other games
5/4/2015 6:13 PM
Which player is it?

Start him, play fatigue minutes, and don't worry about it. People get scared of starting freshmen way too easily. The only guy you signed with awful starting ratings is Lindsey. Tucker will be fine at PF and you can hide any of the guards at SF. Then adjust your depth chart when the postseason starts. It's not the end of the world, especially playing FB/PRESS, to start 1 freshmen.
5/4/2015 6:55 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 5/4/2015 6:55:00 PM (view original):
Which player is it?

Start him, play fatigue minutes, and don't worry about it. People get scared of starting freshmen way too easily. The only guy you signed with awful starting ratings is Lindsey. Tucker will be fine at PF and you can hide any of the guards at SF. Then adjust your depth chart when the postseason starts. It's not the end of the world, especially playing FB/PRESS, to start 1 freshmen.
David Goodwill. And yea Lindsey called me back  when he dropped down and my money was running low so I just took em but he actually has blue pot in ath/def so he might turn out decent. Yea when I thought about it its not too bad of a situation I think he will be worth it. For starting lineup i was thinking:
pg: robert mcglawn
sg: David Goodwill
sf: Phillip Brazil
pf: Melvin Borunda/Emmanuel (havent decided yet)
C:David Dever
5/4/2015 11:59 PM
Also go into your foul trouble on your player game plan and switch him to "take out quicker" -- the game will play him more conservatively when he picks up fouls which, again, will allow you to meet the start promise but also result in less floor time for him. 
5/5/2015 12:47 PM
Posted by rednu on 5/5/2015 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Also go into your foul trouble on your player game plan and switch him to "take out quicker" -- the game will play him more conservatively when he picks up fouls which, again, will allow you to meet the start promise but also result in less floor time for him. 
In a similar vein, set him to 'fairly fresh' in the fatigue settings. He'll leave the game more quickly
5/5/2015 1:18 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 5/5/2015 1:18:00 PM (view original):
In a similar vein, set him to 'fairly fresh' in the fatigue settings. He'll leave the game more quickly
Thanks for all the advice, I had also thought about switching my 2nd sg to 'getting tired' since he is a sr. as well as having 85 stamina
5/5/2015 1:25 PM
Posted by mikemang23 on 5/5/2015 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alblack56 on 5/5/2015 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for all the advice, I had also thought about switching my 2nd sg to 'getting tired' since he is a sr. as well as having 85 stamina
If I understand it correctly, you don't benefit much by going to 'Getting tired' with your backups.  As soon as the starter is rested enough, he'll come back in, regardless of the fatigue of his sub. 
5/5/2015 1:32 PM
pulldown FR situation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.