Cutting Sim AI Players Topic

I thought I read on here that cutting Sim AI players wouldn't hurt your reputation, but last season I cut two and my rep dropped to an A-. What's the final word on this sort of thing?
5/13/2015 9:48 PM
Some people on here think they're know-it-alls and aren't...
5/13/2015 10:25 PM
There's definitely a bit of a rep hit, but I don't think it is as pronounced as if you're cutting a player you signed on your own. Unless you were planning to jump ship after the season though, there's really no impact. You'll be (at worst) an A after the current year and back to A+ the season following. 
5/13/2015 10:50 PM
You won't take a rep hit if you get from DII to DI and cut SIM players, on the first season you are there. But other than that, I think it's a reputation cut all the time.
5/14/2015 7:23 AM
You can get a rep hit at any level whether you cut your players or SIM players (though cutting your own players is MUCH more likely to result in a rep hit).  There's definitely a random component to it.  I've cut multiple sim-recruited players in year 1 of a rebuild and sometimes I go down to A- (this has only happened when cutting at least 2 guys) and sometimes I stay at A+.  Again, there's a random component to it.
5/14/2015 10:32 AM
A related question is whether or not a rep hit even really matters.  I have frequently done rebuilds where I cut as many as four AI-recruited players in a season and suffered rep hits as a result - but never noticed that it had any impact on my ability to recruit.  It is the prestige of the school that matters, coaching rep (at least within small differences) seemingly doesn't matter at all.

5/15/2015 12:14 PM
I think rep comes into play when you're looking for a new job.
5/15/2015 4:23 PM
Posted by pallas on 5/15/2015 4:23:00 PM (view original):
I think rep comes into play when you're looking for a new job.
This ^^  If you're not planning on going anywhere soon, there's no reason to fear the hit that I've found. 
5/15/2015 4:37 PM
Posted by zorzii on 5/14/2015 7:23:00 AM (view original):
You won't take a rep hit if you get from DII to DI and cut SIM players, on the first season you are there. But other than that, I think it's a reputation cut all the time.
False. I once went up to D1, cut 2 right away, had a third quit in solidarity, and had my reputation savaged.
5/16/2015 9:47 AM
Cutting Sim AI Players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.