I see teams with players approaching 700 overall as a junior (division 3) My highest player ive ever had was 650 and he was a senior. I know work ethic helps a lot, plus blue categories. I want to compete with tournament teams. I have won 20 games in a season a few times. I have had good teams but I don't make the right adjustments. I play a team that has 3 players that have a 90 outside shooting rate. So I adjust my defense to +2. I get killed. So the same team next time I adjust to 0. Its closer but still lose by 10. I go on a streak where I win 15 straight games by using -3 defense. Then I get beat by a low post team. Just could use help with game planning
5/16/2015 4:47 AM
I am not the guy to ask, as I seem to have the same problems.  But somebody alot wiser then me told me a long time ago to look at your match ups as well as alignment +/-.  This is why you see a call for player assignments in the suggestions every so often.

Look for your opponents strongest player, slowest player, fastest player, or worst DEF player and try to match up against a player that will either exploit, or nullify him from exploiting your complimentary player.  In other words for example your PF has good ATH and SPD and his C is DEF 10, take advantage of that (or vice versa, his PF is DEF 80, but his C is ATH 15 and SPD 24 get your PF to face his Center more often during the game).
5/16/2015 10:22 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.