Longshot (someone got the job?) Topic

Guys, I am looking at the D1 teams, did you guys ever won a longshot job? I am longshot at St-Bonaventure, won't apply, but was wondering.

Do Wichita State and Butler have new base prestige, which would be logical. These two teams are in my range, same reputation has St-Bonaventure, yet I don't qualify.

5/17/2015 8:12 AM
I would hope somebody will respond they have, however I am o-22 in long shot applications since 2010.
5/17/2015 8:36 AM
I don't think there will be any modifications to baseline prestige.  What we're living with is college basketball circa 2002.

Both Butler and Wichita State have a C baseline (with the majority of the Horizon and MVC).  St Bonnie is at B-.

5/17/2015 10:06 AM
Longshot basically means no...I'm 0 for 1 or 0 for 2 I think
5/17/2015 12:26 PM
Looking at the way it is for my IUPUI team, I think there are different type of longshots.

Arkansas D+ team, longshot : probably a longer shot than some other schools
Hawaii C- team, longshot, if they hired you, and it's a big if...
St-Bonaventure, C team, it's not improbable to get this team, but don't come crying if they say no.
St-Joes (last year), D, you could have a shot at this job depending on other applicants and how the interview goes.

I applied to Arkansas, got rejected right away.
I applied to Hawaii, got rejected right away.

I won't apply to St-Bonaventure. But I think it's a better longshot. And St-Joes last year was a good one but a better team came before me.
5/17/2015 12:43 PM
I'm 0 for 30+
5/17/2015 1:06 PM
longshot does not mean no. i've gotten either a longshot or a keep looking, but also, had another that i didn't get - but I wasn't immediately rejected, either. so i've got two i would have won if nobody else applied. i know a couple other guys have as well. im sure some of the guys who are 0 for 20 or whatever really have 20 or so straight rejections, but i suspect some of those folks have one or two where they qualified as well - they just didn't get it.
5/17/2015 2:49 PM
My guess is as soon as someone else applies and is qualified, you get rejected. Arkansas is going to be taken. It's a great job. So Will hawaii
5/17/2015 3:26 PM
Posted by zorzii on 5/17/2015 3:26:00 PM (view original):
My guess is as soon as someone else applies and is qualified, you get rejected. Arkansas is going to be taken. It's a great job. So Will hawaii
i dont think so. for any job application, you get rejected immediately (next recruiting cycle) if you are not qualified for any reason. if you are qualified, you don't get rejected until someone else takes the job.
5/17/2015 5:45 PM
I'm 0 for about 10
5/17/2015 6:35 PM
I have never kept track, but I am pretty sure I've been immediately rejected for every longshot application I've put in, which is between 8 or 10, probably.
5/18/2015 12:11 PM
Posted by zorzii on 5/17/2015 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Guys, I am looking at the D1 teams, did you guys ever won a longshot job? I am longshot at St-Bonaventure, won't apply, but was wondering.

Do Wichita State and Butler have new base prestige, which would be logical. These two teams are in my range, same reputation has St-Bonaventure, yet I don't qualify.

Like with a lot of WIS, longshot is just window dressing, it means no.  I'm 0-20 personally
5/18/2015 3:04 PM
Yeah it's nothing. That longshot is a waste of time. I am 0-4 in two seasons and it's more frustrating than fun. It was said : you'll get an interview... and I get rejected right away. Don't make me a longshot if I can't have a longshot at the job.
5/18/2015 6:21 PM
Longshot (someone got the job?) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.