Shot Clock Change Topic

Will the shot clock change from 35 to 30 seconds be mirrored in HD?  
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2015-05-15/mens-basketball-rules-committee-recommends-package-proposals
5/18/2015 9:10 AM
I don't see it being changed in HD, at least not anytime soon. I would imagine such a change would require some drastic tampering with the game. If they're not willing to realign the conferences to reflect real life more accurately, I can't see them taking the time and effort to change the shot clock.
5/18/2015 11:07 AM
there's a big difference - conferences were built to be unrealistic from the start. that was by design, obviously not all conferences had 12 members when HD was created. 

the sim engine is core to the game, and i think it will be hard for them not to at least try to take that on, at some point - if/when the change is actually approved in real life. it doesn't mean they will, but i certainly wouldn't rule it out, either.
5/18/2015 11:24 AM
I hope you're right, gillispie1.
5/18/2015 12:49 PM
Shot Clock Change Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.