Second season here.   I tried the technique mentioned in AEJones famous post about sending 10 scouting trips to immediately pull down a player and get him to consider you.   After 10 scouting trips I am not even being considered.   The guy is a lower D2, 440-ish.    50 miles away and wants to stay close to home, seems like it should work.

So I went back and re-read the AEJ post, he says he sends 10 scouting trips and a schalorship.    I didn't do the scholarship.   Did that matter?

More discouraging is that all the scouting reports say things like 'we are out of our league here'.

This is a reasonable pull down target close to home, I guess I am going to keep blasting away, any thoughts would be appreciated.

5/19/2015 9:01 PM
no no no...no more blasting away...you're simply wasting money.  if he's out of your league, then move on.  C- prestige is very hard to pull anyone down
5/19/2015 9:12 PM
The first thing about pull downs is to send a Phone Call to either the coach or the player.

You have to be mentioned as a "back up option" for the player to be able to pull him down.

If you ARE a backup option, then you can send scouting trips to get him to consider you.

But 10 might not be enough. Some guys come down with 10,  most guys come down with 12 or less.  But if I really need to pull someone down fast, I use 16.  This is all for Div-2 .. I do not stay in DIv-3 very long because there is not enough recruiting money in Div-3 .. so 10 trips might do it more often there.

But, some people do take a longer approach.  They do 10, the 2 every turn until they pull him down.  I guess that is OK for guys that everyone is not trying to pull down.  Usually lots of people are trying to pull down the guys I want at Div-2, so getting them fast can be important.

In any event, for > 360 miles, it is quite expensive as a scouting trip for 360 is $296 .. but at 370 it jumps to $531. For 16 trips that is $4736 or $8496 .. a fairly large difference.  For that reason, I hardly ever pull down guys > 360 miles either (unless I have a lot of cash and the guy is really, really good).

5/19/2015 9:18 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 5/19/2015 9:12:00 PM (view original):
no no no...no more blasting away...you're simply wasting money.  if he's out of your league, then move on.  C- prestige is very hard to pull anyone down
Hold up, there.  This is true if it's a *phone call* response other than a backup message.  As a tagline on a scouting visit, it doesn't mean that.

Also, you can pull down with any prestige.  It's just a different range of players available to pull down.
5/20/2015 9:28 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.