Wooden Recruits Topic

So I learned that you can copy-paste straight from the FSS page and get the # of recruits from each state.  Very convenient.  Controlling for state, there are significantly (p-value is REALLY tiny) fewer recruits in Wooden than there are in Phelan.  So, the intuition that there are fewer recruits in Wooden is backed up by the numbers.  

However, are there less scholarship openings?

darnoc's data is fine, would love to see SDs.  Really, if someone wanted to take a random sample of 10 to 15 D1, D2, and D3 teams and then combine them into one pool for each of Wooden and Phelan, my guess is that there would be significantly fewer openings in Wooden than there would be in Phelan.  

However, it is my hypothesis that if you took the ratio of recruits to openings in each world, they would be the same.  The data is out there for those who are invested enough to sample about 30-45 teams from each world, I'm just not invested enough to actually put in the time to do that.  

5/24/2015 7:05 PM
Does anyone know how many total recruits are available in Phelan this time?  As tkimble stated, it should be easy to get from the FSS page. 
5/25/2015 6:14 AM
3783, I believe ...
5/25/2015 7:43 AM
◂ Prev 12
Wooden Recruits Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.