Recruiting is just wrapping up in the Iba world. Letourneau(dgravs) and I(wartburg) get on a recruit at the same time. A cycle or so later a D2 school (SE Oklahoma St - camer4) hops on with us. 1-2 cycles later Letourneau hops off. I send a couple more visits, but at the next update it says that the recruit was strongly leaning toward the D2 school. I figured its not worth fighting the D2 school so I hop off. Well I believe at 5pm on day of signing Letourneau hops back on. I look at the update at 2am and now the recruit is strongly leaning toward Letourneau and not the D2 school anymore. The recruit now just signed with Letourneau. Looks to me that Mrs. dgravs has another name is camer4 and was using the D2 school as a bully to protect a stud recruit. The D2 was only interested in the same number of scholarship he had too so it wasn't like he was recruiting more than he had and was going to have to drop off someone eventually.
6/27/2015 12:05 PM
If you think it's foul play, contact CS they can tell if it's the same person.
6/27/2015 12:23 PM
I did. I sent a ticket before I posted
6/27/2015 12:27 PM
Well then, keep us posted!
6/27/2015 12:47 PM
Only explanation I could see other than collusion would be the D2 school sending this guy a bunch of SVs looking for high-high potential in a couple of key areas.  Once he realized that they were low-high, he decided he didn't want the guy anymore and RS'd/pulled the schollie.  LeTourneau then puts in some last-minute effort after having been offline for about a day for non-HD reasons and wins the recruit.  

But I agree, it does smell fishy.  
6/27/2015 12:48 PM
If he pulled the scholarship and offered RS, then I would think he'd drop off? The guy has sick Ath and Def. think def is 72 high, so I can see why a D2 would go after him.
6/27/2015 12:58 PM
Posted by dadbod on 6/27/2015 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Well then, keep us posted!
Will do
6/27/2015 1:21 PM
I was going to say, how do you get a recruit to stop considering you?  I've seen it happen, just not sure how it does...informing of redshirt?  I'm talking about pre-scholarship offering as well.
6/27/2015 2:22 PM
Inform of RS is your best bet if you haven't offered the scholarship.  Still, even after that, you sometimes can't get the guy off your list.  It's incredibly frustrating to send a guy 1 SV and have him on your considering list the rest of the time.  I don't want to invite poachers because they think I'm spending extra or going to cut a guy.  More guys considering is a sign of over-extension and can really hurt you.  I think we need a "we are no longer recruiting you" option.  
6/27/2015 2:30 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 6/27/2015 2:22:00 PM (view original):
I was going to say, how do you get a recruit to stop considering you?  I've seen it happen, just not sure how it does...informing of redshirt?  I'm talking about pre-scholarship offering as well.
5 stars will drop you if you inform of redshirt, pretty much regardless of effort. 

Most others if you have a bunch of effort in they may or may not drop from the inform. 

If you have little effort in almost every player will drop from an inform, except guys like this girl...

6/27/2015 2:31 PM
Give me a break...
6/27/2015 3:13 PM
I had a bigger budget than the D2 school and beat him plain and simple. I would have played it the same if it had just been us on them. The D2 school kept me from battling you for Henderson so you should be grateful.
6/27/2015 3:16 PM
Posted by dgravs on 6/27/2015 3:16:00 PM (view original):
I had a bigger budget than the D2 school and beat him plain and simple. I would have played it the same if it had just been us on them. The D2 school kept me from battling you for Henderson so you should be grateful.
You had 4 openings. D2 had 2. You had about $2,000 more. How much did it cost to drop off though and then to come back on? Because we didn't do enough to knock you off. You jumped off yourself. Are you sure that you don't have connection to Texas Dallas? I found it interesting that Texas Dallas jumped on Anderson early the 2nd day. That help forced my hand on Romo because I had to secure Anderson.

Also, you had to spend more than the D2 because you had 4 openings. The D2 spent lil to none to get the one recruit and the D2 was never on another besides Romo. He would have had lots of money to spend, but there was never a real battle between you 2.
6/27/2015 3:29 PM
I checked every single update and it never once said that there was a struggle. It was way to easy for you to get the recruit.
6/27/2015 3:34 PM
The D2 had an advantage too with distance. I believe the D2 was 80 miles away and you were 400. I'm not 100% on that but 95% sure.
6/27/2015 3:38 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.